Full Stack Engineer
Minneapolis , MN 55401
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
BlueChip Financial (BCF) is looking for a qualified Full Stack Engineer who loves building software to help establish the direction of new and exciting greenfield projects. Our products live in the cloud on Amazon Web Services and we favor modular code and microservice-based architecture and patterns. This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
In this role, you will
- Build APIs and UIs with direct impact to our customers and support representatives experience.
- Work with vendor APIs and delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications.
- Build robust tools that are used by our internal business operations, stakeholders, and analysts.
- Continuously integrate and ship code into our cloud production environments to manage our platform.
- Work directly with product managers and architects to deliver quality features in a collaborative and agile environment
- Be part of support and production deployment for the services owned by the team.
- Build automation leveraging existing APIs and CLI tools
- Identify and influence the solution to complex technical issues. Build prototype and POCs to promote new technologies and processes
- 3+ years of Ruby experience. (Experience with v1.9.x and v3.x, a plus)
- It is a bonus if you have experience with GraphQL in enterprise software development.
- Proven experience building and deploying scalable apps using modern cloud platform technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, EKS)
- Proficient with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g., Couchbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with event processing mechanisms (e.g.: AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Proficient in test driven development (TDD) and continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices
- Experience with SDLC methodologies, such as Agile and Kanban
- Be available for overnight and weekend support rotations
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations a plus.
Location and Travel
BCF is headquartered in Belcourt, North Dakota with a satellite office in Greater Minneapolis (Hopkins), Minnesota. This position can be located at either office or available for remote work. Total travel should flex between 10% and 30% per month.
- The opportunity to help bring much-needed income and economic development to the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K, internet and cell phone line and data reimbursement and four weeks of PTO
- Company sponsored travel to conferences for professional development and training opportunities
About the Company
BlueChip Financial (d/b/a Spotloan.com) is a leading online direct lender founded in 2012 that utilizes advanced underwriting technology to provide short-term loans to Americans in need. BCF is wholly owned and operated by the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians of North Dakota, a Federally-recognized Native American Tribe (the Tribe).
BlueChip Financial is an integral part of the Tribes economic development efforts, and it is an essential provider of employment opportunities on the Tribes reservation. Employment decisions at BCF are based on qualifications, ability, and merit. When qualifications are equal, candidates who are enrolled members of the Tribe will receive preference. After considering this preference, it is BCFs policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.