San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a front-end engineer, youll be called upon to think creatively about what we build for our clients, and to both learn from us and teach us a few things about our craft. From React + Redux and GraphQL to Flexbox and CSS grids, youll be using modern frameworks and tooling to build out our projects every day. The main requirements for this position are a creative approach to problem solving and the ability to build stability and trust with our team and clients.
Our friendly, collaborative culture means you will always have the opportunity to help us find new and better angles and methods as we try to stay close to the bleeding edge of web development. We work for exciting clients of all sizes, and donate work to nonprofits supporting causes we love.
- Every day, youll be working heavily on building stunning web-based experiences on the front end using CSS, JS and a host of other technologies. Youll meet with the team (remotely for now) during our daily standup and will need to help us manage your bandwidth and progress towards milestones.
- Most days, youll need to review code written by your peers, and will submit your code for review via Github pull requests. Youll also generally deploy your own work once reviewed and approved. Youll work with other developers or designers to solve problems and devise the best approach to multiple tasks.
- Occasionally, youll be asked to meet with a client to discuss project requirements or demonstrate our progress. Additionally, you will be involved in large-scale project planning, where we devise technical approaches and set out milestones and estimate timelines and budgets.
- Strong CSS skills are an absolute must. We dont mean just the basic stuff here. You need to be able to work at an advanced level and truly understand best practices, cross-platform issues and lots more. There will be a quiz!
- Know your APIs. GraphQL sits on top of most of our backends, but we also do a fair amount of work with good old REST. Knowing how to use them is essential. Knowing how to build them is even sweeter.
- Almost everything needs a CMS. We work with WordPress a lot for clients who need to manage their content. Experience with it isnt required, but familiarity with the platform or any enterprise-level CMS would be a great thing.
- Make decisions. Alephs team is collaborative and were all really nice people. Just the same, we value independent thinking and the ability to make good decisions without an overabundance of oversight, and to be able to justify those decisions.
- Real experience. We value real talent and curiosity over years and years of work examples, but recent, demonstrated success as a professional web developer is preferred.
- Humble confidence. We make each other better through supportive collaboration. Theres no room for big egos here, but a lot of room for us to improve ourselves and our company by expressing our opinions while being empathetic and kind.
Aleph Incorporated features a family-like, family-first culture. We are focused on providing a safe, respectful, and fun workplace that puts the highest value on equality and diversity, and we seek out employees and clients that do the same. A relaxed and accepting environment is our biggest benefit, but we also offer:
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical benefits, with dental and optical allowances
- A profit-sharing 401k plan
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work remotely
- Paid parental leave
Thanks for reading this job listing, we hope you'll apply! Please do not contact Aleph directly about this job via phone or email. Also, a quick tip: Include a well-written cover letter or message with the hashtag #seealeph in it and we'll know you read all this :)