Paradigm Information Services
Beaverton , OR 97005
Posted 3 months ago
Paradigm is looking for a Front-End Developer to support our client, an innovative software provider for North Americas supply chain located in Beaverton, OR.
The Front End Developer will participate in the design, development, and support of a suite of web-based transportation products. Emphasis will be placed on knowledge of and real-world experience using state-of-the-art web development technologies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player with excellent communication skills.
Type: Direct hire, full-time
Location: Beaverton, OR
Pay Rate: DOE
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO, and more
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop reliable and maintainable applications with an emphasis on front-end development
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on the resulting software built
- Estimate project tasks and track results
- Report progress and issues to technical leads and project managers
- Participate in design and code reviews
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-driven layouts, cross-browser compatibility & browser degradation strategies
- Experience with Bootstrap or other grid based front-end framework
- Ability to take mock-ups and create HTML UI/layouts
- Familiarity with grid-based and fluid responsive layouts
- Knowledge of preprocessors such as SCSS
- Knowledge of HTML/XHTML, DOM and EVENT specifications as well as familiarity with the emerging HTML5 standard
- Knowledge of semantic markup and accessibility techniques
- Familiarity with web optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual rendering speed)
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Very high productivity and effective time management
- Ability to accurately estimate tasks and track personal work
- Ability to communicate accurate status to technical leads and project managers
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Server-side frameworks (rails, asp.net, django)
- Agile and test-driven development practices, including automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration products
- ASP.NET and/or Node.js (both Web Forms and MVC)
Our client offers many employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, and PTO.
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? It's possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a West Coast staffing agency dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. We're connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in today's job market.
We are proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only local candidates able to work directly for Paradigm as W-2 employees can be considered for this position. No agents, please.