Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Front End Web Engineer
Well Health Inc.
Santa Barbara , CA 93101
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We're WELL and were the modern communication platform for the $3 trillion healthcare industry. Using WELL, patients engage with their healthcare teams on their schedule and based on their preferences.
We are well-funded and growing quickly. More than 1,000,000 patients use our platform to communicate with their physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our investors portfolios include companies like Intercom, Wag, Uber, and SurfAir.
As an early employee joining our 30+ person team, youll have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in peoples lives by improving their everyday interactions with their healthcare providers. Come work in our engineering-centric culture and build meaningful products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- Collaborate with product to guide requirements and roadmap
- Build new services using open source technology and tools
- Drive quality by writing high quality, effective unit tests and functional tests for high availability systems and libraries.
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks
- Work with Typescript on Node.js services
- Work with Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (Or Equivalent Experience)
- Strong grasp of JS fundamentals and ES6
- Experienced in Agile development (e.g. Kanban)
- Proficiency in working with a range of APIs (REST, web-sockets, etc.)
- Agile- We value the ability to ship excellent software quickly and frequently. A proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile methodologies such as Kanban is highly valued.
- Passion- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them. You are entrepreneurial, and want to get things done. You have high aptitude, and always seek new challenges and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
- Familiarity with the React or ReactNative ecosystem
- Experience building Electron apps
- Knowledge of PWA technologies
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office