Front End Engineer
Earth Class Mail
San Antonio , TX 78201
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Earth Class Mail, an online service for accessing postal mail is looking for a talented Front End Engineer to join us in designing and building applications used by thousands of customers every day.
You will be part of a team of software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists designing new products and experiences for our customers. Your team will work in an Agile manner and own the full stack of their applications and services. You will be involved in every aspect of delivering value to our customers and growing the business. This includes idea generation, business analysis, technical and architectural design, understanding customer engagement with our products and inventing new ways to improve product engagement and adoption.
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with headless CMS platforms such as Contentful.
- Knowledge of search engine optimisation; Interest in Growth hacking.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Understand view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Know when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
- Understand the importance of testing front-end components and has experience with creating unit and integration tests related to the front-end components they develop.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of front-end system design, interaction with backend APIs, and performance/security considerations.
- Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Open PTO - we like to keep this simple...making time for life is important!
- 9 paid standard holidays each year in addition to open PTO
- 401(k) savings plan
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, and Disability coverage
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial learning environment with a proven playbook
- The opportunity to work with innovative and progressive technology
- Casual dress and fun work atmosphere
- Free locally roasted coffee, snacks, and soft drinks
- Location - Fantastic offices in the renovated historic Savoy Hotel building - right on the Riverwalk
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe diversity of experience, perspectives, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our users and our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that all candidates will be given the same consideration.
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position*
Scaleworks is a venture equity fund that acquires and invests in B2B SaaS companies. Our goal is to accelerate growth, sustainable over time, and help our companies become even more successful. Each company has its own unique product, team, and story, all while being a part of the Scaleworks family. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, we have over 330 employees located in our offices in the US, Canada, and Poland. www.scaleworks.com