Front End Developer
Lancaster , PA 17573
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The front-end developer is responsible for designing and implementing simple, easy-to-use, error-free, and attractive web applications for use by teachers, students, and employees. Reporting directly to the Product Development Manager, the front-end developer will aide in the user interface design, development of the web application, work closely with other team members, and create mobile versions of our customer facing application.
- 5 Years Large Scale Customer Facing Web Application Development
- Modern tooling: Github, Circle CI, Test Automation, AWS, Webpack
- Multiple examples of user interfaces designed and developed
- Updates & Maintenance of Teacher UI
- Updates & Maintenance of Admin UI
- Improvements to Storyline360 Content Integration (Error Handling)
- New Logon Workflow (Single Sign On)
- New Student Interface Prototype in 2019
- Teacher & Student Mobile Applications in 2020
User Interface Design
The front-end developer will design user experiences, interfaces, and interactions according to direction from the product development manager. The front-end developer will continually work to improve the user experience within a variety of applications. The design process will include sketches, wireframes, and working prototypes.
- Use personas and user stories to design interfaces for users
- Design one major new feature per quarter
- Create sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to demonstrate proposals
- Implement improvements for existing applications based on user feedback and personal observations
- Create new applications/interfaces for customers and internal audiences
Web Application User-Interface Development
The front-end developer will develop user interface web programs as specified by the product development manager.
- Implement new features into existing web applications using a variety of technologies
- Improve quality, usability, and performance for existing web applications
- Connect front end applications with back end services, such as API, monitoring, error reporting,
- Follow established development process
- Coordinate with back end developers for implementation of new APIs
Cross Functional Tasks
The front-end developer will work together with other team members to provide a world class experience for our customers.
- Internal user communication/training on new features and updates
- Assist our customer facing teams by researching customers error reports and questions
- Follow established processes for reporting, fixing, and releasing error fixes
- Use the defined priority matrix to balance normal sprint work with error fixes/corrections
Mobile User-Interface Development
The front-end developer will create mobile (phone) versions of our customer facing applications to allow users not on desktops/laptops to successfully use the system. This is a future requirement and will not be part of the initial job. It is helpful for candidates to have experience. Not required.
- Design mobile interfaces for customer facing applications
- Implement mobile applications for customer facing applications