Front Desk Supervisor
White Plains Hospital Center
White Plains , NY 10601
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job Post Date:
Scarsdale Medical Group
WPH SMG Administration
Previous Managerial Experience Required A front desk supervisor offers front office support by managing and training staff, creating and monitoring schedules, addressing billing concerns, greeting patients, assisting with checking in/out, scheduling appointments and maintaining patient records and accounts.
The position is fast-paced which requires accuracy and the ability to deal efficiently and courteously with front desk department employees and patients. Keeping patients informed of wait times and will inform the clinical staff of any patient issues. Collecting service fees, co-pays, demographic changes and scheduling appointments are daily functions. This position's success is based on outstanding organizational skills combined with above average multi-tasking abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Welcome patients, visitors and answer inquiries
Check patients in and out
Verifies insurance/benefit coverage
Collect co-pays and/or payment toward account balances at the time of service
Ensures that a new patient information is filled out on all patients and that necessary information changes are made at each visit
Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
Maintains the computerized appointment schedule by scheduling appointments
Other clerical duties as assigned
Clear understanding of HIPAA
Management and training of Staff (Attendance, Punctuality, Uniform, Policy Compliance, Demeanor)
Assist in Recruitment of New Hires
Address Staff and Patient Issues
Create and maintain staff schedules and time off requests
Oversee overall workflow of front desk staff at all locations (Weekly Site Visits)
Monitor Productivity of Staff (Appts and Arrivals)/Report Performance
Work with Practice Management on Implementing Processes As Needed
Monitor covering doctors schedules daily for all locations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Shares expertise with others.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Uniform Black Pants, black scoop neck shirt and black shoes. A blazer will be provided by Scarsdale Medical Group. Open toed shoes, high boots or leggings are permitted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.