Provides guest services in a professional and courteous manner to internal, external and potential guests by all forms of communication including guest direct, telephone, email, and fax. Acting liaison between the guests, the facility and the local area with knowledge of operations including hotel amenities and local business and attractions. Sets a proud and positive example necessary to ensure an environment that is personalized, relaxing and allows guests to feel at home. Second shift available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet all guests with a smile and eye contact while accurately and promptly completing the check in process including blocking a guest room, encoding guest room keys, ensuring guaranteed form of payment, greeting IHG Reward members by club level, explaining hotel amenities and presenting the registration card for completion.
2. Make a reservation using the Property Management System or PMS (Opera) accurately while completing all required fields and selling each guest room and other hotel services within your authority level in order to achieve the highest financial goals. (Some hotel services include Pay-Per View movies, rollaway beds, and the bed and bath collection)
3. Handle all guest inquiries within your authority level while maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction. (Guest inquiries may include but are not limited to wake up calls, local directions and recommendations, guest mail, minor maintenance, toiletries and linens.)
4. Post all guest room charges and payments to the respective guest folio while accurately handling all cash exchanges and dropping cash in a timely manner upon receipt.
5. Possess working knowledge of all front desk equipment and PMS (Opera) including Fax, printers, business center, telephones, email, postage meter and coffee maker.
6. Communicates effectively with all team members and management verbally, by email, internal mailboxes and departmental communication log to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction.
7. Understands all aspects of IHG Rewards while adhering to all club guidelines and encouraging the enrollment of all non members.
8. Clean and maintain front desk and public areas as well as assists all departments in hotel cleanliness. (Public areas include Breakfast area, hotel lobby, hallways, stairwells, pool and fitness area, meeting room, elevator, business center and guest laundry.)
9. Complete front desk checklist for the respective shift in its entirety including ordering and delivery of guest newspapers, charging prepaid reservations in a timely manner, balancing inventories between PMS and the Central Reservation System, understanding and ensuring guaranteed reservations with timely credit card authorizations and closing ones cashier.
10. Adheres to all safety and security procedures including building evacuation, knowledge of hotel fire panel and safety deposit boxes, keeping all walking surfaces clean of debris including stones, dirt, snow, ice, limbs, carts, cords and alerting guests of unsafe or slippery walkways with use of proper signage.
11. Check guest out of hotel ensuring guest satisfaction, proper billing and payment method, issue receipt upon request, thank guest for their visit and invite guest to return to the property.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests and community members.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as operational memorandums, safety rules and manuals.
Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret various financial and operational hotel reports.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all departments, team members and management.
Must have the ability to track hotel vacancies and understand market supply and demand.
Must have the ability to successfully and professionally handle all telephone calls, including times of high volume.
Must have the ability to perform basic math skills.
Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts to practical situations.
Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, tax, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Must have the ability to maintain accurate cash drawers, count and drop cash throughout the shift, as well as calculating accurate change for cash paying guests.
Must have the ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze and draw valid conclusions.
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in writing, orally, etc.
Intermediate computer knowledge (Windows operating system)
POS Systems including the ability to learn and understand the functions of Opera, the hotel reservation system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Walking 10% of the time
Sitting 5% of the time
Standing 85% of the time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Guests may smoke in designated guest rooms. Smoking is prohibited within the hotel outside of those designated guest rooms. Smoking is prohibited by all employees, with the exception of approved break times in designated areas.
Quiet Noise Level
JDK Management Company, LP