A front desk agent provides guest services in a professional and courteous manner to all guests by all forms of communication including guest direct, telephone, email, and fax. Front desk agents act as a liaison between the guests, the facility and the local area with knowledge of hotel amenities and local business and attractions. Front desk agent sets a proud and positive example necessary to ensure an environment that is personalized, relaxing and allows guests to feel at home.
FRONT DESK AGENT ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet all guests with a smile and eye contact while completing the check in process.
2. Make a reservation using the Property Management System or PMS (Opera).
3. Handle guest inquiries while maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Post all guest room charges and payments.
5. Front desk agents must possess working knowledge of all front desk equipment and PMS (Opera) including fax, printers, business center, telephones, email, postage meter and coffee maker.
6. Communicates effectively with all team members and management verbally, by email, internal mailboxes and departmental communication log to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction.
7. Clean and maintain front desk and public areas as well as assists all departments in hotel cleanliness.
8. Adheres to all safety and security procedures including building evacuation, knowledge of hotel fire panel and safety deposit boxes, etc.
9. Check guest out of hotel ensuring guest satisfaction.
As a front desk agent in order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
A front desk agent must be able to read, write and speak English; respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests and community members; read and interpret documents, such as operational memorandums, safety rules and manuals.
A front desk agent must have the ability to effectively communicate with all departments, team members and management; track hotel vacancies and successfully and professionally handle all telephone calls, including times of high volume.
Must have the ability to perform basic math skills.
Must have the ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze and draw valid conclusions.
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in writing, orally, etc.
Intermediate computer knowledge (Windows operating system)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
Walking 10% of the time
Sitting 5% of the time
Standing 85% of the time
JDK Management Company, LP