Front Desk Receptionist
Dr. Connor C. Chase, MD
CORP CHRISTI , TX 78405
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This is an evening receptionist position. The Medical Receptionist is responsible for performing office duties, recordkeeping functions, receptionist duties, and administrative and follow-up functions to assist in the operation of a medical office. The Medical Receptionist will work with and receive supervision from the practice manager, physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Greets visitors, patients and associates entering the Good Shepherd facility. Provides customer service to all who enter the building. Provides assistance with all transportation needs of our patients.
- Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality improvement initiatives, including but not limited to the Physician Billing computer system and patient satisfaction survey.
- Maintains high level of competence on Physician Billing computer system.
- Takes active role in facilitation of team approach to functions within the department:
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for improvement to the attention of team members and supervisors for consideration.
- * * ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- COMPLETES PRIMARY CUSTOMERS’ PURPOSE FOR ENTERING THE FACILITY*
* * *
- By addressing their needs and directing them to their proper destination.* * *
- By receiving faxed trip requests and passing onto transportation service provider.* * *
- By answering phones and scheduling trips with transportation service provider.* * *
- By processing trip changes by canceling trips and rebooking with transportation service provider.* * *
- By working with all Good Shepherd departments on the Allentown and Bethlehem campuses handling customer service requests, such as answering questions relating to trips and changes in scheduling.* * *
- By constantly communicating with the dispatch department of transportation service provider.
- Answered in a courteous manner.
- Within 3 rings.
- Identifying self and practice.
- Determining and prioritizing the nature of the incoming call.
- Responds to patient communications and routes complete and accurate messages to the appropriate individual.
- Ensures patient satisfaction at the end of each call.
- Maintains patient and physician office schedules
- Schedules patient appointments according to the guidelines of the practice.
- Ensures patient access to requested provider when available
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner
- Registers patients according to the guidelines of the practice
- Verifies patient demographics and insurance information at each visit.
- Captures any barriers – i.e. language, vision, hearing etc.
- Exercises good judgment and communications, demonstrates an awareness of emergency situations.
- Provides information, direction and other assistance to the patient as needed.
- Establish and maintain accurate patient records and record filing system.
- Types, files, and distributes correspondence as directed.
- Maintains a consistent patient flow, and advises patients of delays in schedule.
- Monitors and maintains patient reception area; cleanliness and noise level.
- Review charge slips submitted by physician and accurately enter charge information, assist physician with accurate coding information and process in a timely fashion to the Central Business Office.
- Be familiar with policies of various insurance companies.
- Verifies and explains charges to the patient. Collects any amounts due at time of service. Provides patient education as it relates to insurance and balances owed.
- Scans and indexes labs, consults etc. Backlog not to exceed 72 hours.
- Obtains and tracks patient referrals.
- Advises clinical staff of any hearing or language barriers the patient seems to have.
- Responsible for working with the care team to provide administrative assistance, as needed.
- Processes requests for medical records according to practice, State and HIPAA guidelines.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Coordinate supplies and equipment needs with various departments and vendors.
- Open/close office as required.
- Receive, sort, and send mail as needed.
- Maintains office supplies.
If you are motivated to provide excellent service and enjoy helping others, we have an excellent opportunity in a growing organization!
All Applicants need to be able to multi-task, have excellent verbal/computer skills, type 35-40wpm and have at least one year of office or customer service experience – preferably in a medical setting. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus. MUST BE FLEXIBLE!! Initial training will need to be consistent Full-time hours for a month.
Schedule: Part time, Evenings, 3p-8p, 8a-4p