Freelance Html5 Game Developer
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Trying to be part of the next great online game? Thats what we do.
At Arkadium, our unique combination of game development and AI helps publishers increase engagement and revenue, empowers brands to build deeper connections with consumers, and gives users a reason to play and be inspired.
With offices in New York City and Russia, we employ an approach to business that emphasizes positivity and efficiency in equal parts. Our founders, Jessica Rovello and Kenny Rosenblatt, have led the company for nearly 20 years with an entrepreneurial mindset that trickles down to all facets of our offices. Arkadium has been recognized as a top-rated workplace both locally and nationally by Crains, Inc, Forbes, Digiday, Ad Age and others.
As a company that sells fun, we think its important to have fun. Our core values fierce drive, positive energy and living a full life are the motivation behind everything we do. Were innovative, dynamic and dedicated to creating great games while never losing sight of those values.
Arkadium is seeking an exceptional and experienced HTML5 game developer to build the best web and mobile games for grownups. This is a contract and remote position.
- Lead programming of new web games that meet Arkadiums standards of excellence in short development cycles
- Modify an existing game with new features or bug fixes while maintaining the code style and architecture
- Develop using Arkadiums internal game engine and be providing feedback on technical improvements
- Be an expert on web technology standards and trends, and actively employ best practices to the codebase
- Architect and write scalable/modular code for long-term systems that will be used by multiple clients
- Write adaptable code that can work on all intended platforms, devices, screen resolutions, and screen orientations
- Integrate third-party plugins and APIs
- Work with project managers to estimate development timelines and plan milestones
- Work with designers and artists to implement and iterate on UI/UX
- Work in rapid iteration, producing quick and polished playable builds
Our ideal candidate:
- Several years of experience in games or web application development
- 2+ shipped web games
- Strong knowledge of programming fundamentals, game architecture, and math
- Experience working remotely with cross cultural and cross functional teams, preferably in an Agile team
- Is comfortable working with design programs, including Photoshop and Animate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills