Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Franchised Beverage Manager
Saint Augustine , FL 32095
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GRANDPERFORMER&cws=4&rid=5304
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSAs) & Competencies:
Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
Supervise the daily operation of F&B Outlets
Responsible for ensuring that all Beverage operations are in compliance with all systems, control policies and procedures
Estimates beverage consumption and purchases or requisitions beverage ingredients and supplies
To monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the Beverage product.
Bring innovation and creative ideas to create specialty cocktails for our menu
Create and implement promotional plans to drive business to Beverage Department; host local events to create charity and local business opportunities
Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement
Conduct regular departmental meetings
Attend hotel meetings; ensure that daily pre-shift meetings conducted with all Grand Performers on a daily basis for all shifts
Maintain cleanliness and health code standards
Maintain cleanliness and health code standards
Complete monthly beverage inventory
Schedule staff to reflect daily occupancy and reservations in order to Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
Education / Certifications / Work/Industry Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Associates or 4 year degree in Hospitality desired.
5 years prior F&B experience, required.
3 years supervisory experience, required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.