Tuttle Built Inc.
Reno , NV 89501
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for skilled carpenters to assist with framing custom homes in northern Nevada. You will be part of a team of carpenters that will frame custom home projects, from subfloor to roof sheathing and fascia, according to engineered plans and our professional standards. You will be required to produce an exquisite product in a fast-paced environment. Our quality and speed are what set us apart in the construction industry, and we expect our carpenters to perform to high standards. Experience working on similar jobs and proficiency with all relevant tools and techniques is essential. Working well as a team member, in collaboration with other team members, is of the utmost importance. Additionally, as our carpenters are front-line employees who represent our company to clients and homeowners, cleanliness, courtesy, and professionalism are expected at all times.Responsibilities:
- Roll out tools, including cords and hoses, every morning, and subsequently roll them up in the afternoon.
- Maintain clean, safe work space throughout the day--free from clutter and trash.
- Assist in layout (joists, walls, trusses).
- Read plans and frame structure accordingly.
- Work as a team member, in a team, to accomplish goals.
- Unload and move heavy materials.
- Setup and takedown scaffold, as needed.
- Adhere to safety program at all times while on job site.
- Proven experience as a framing carpenter
- OSHA 10 certification
- Reliable personal transportation
- Ability to lift and work with heavy materials, up to and exceeding 60 lbs
- Ability to work outside, year-round, in any and all weather conditions
- Aptitude with all necessary tools
- Must provide own basic tools: nail bags (with subsequent carpentry hand tools), circular saw, framing nail gun, and personal cords and hoses
- Adhere to safety program at all times
- Work well in a team
- Willing to learn
- Willing and able to work fast
- Exceptional hand-eye coordination
- Exceptional balance to safely and effectively work while standing on walls and roofs
- Outstanding aptitude of the English language (spoken and written)
- Outstanding salary, exceeding current industry standards in many cases, DOE. Will offer proposal after interview, with detailed explanation of salary figures, relative to experience benchmarks.
- Mandatory meeting and review upon completion of 90-day probation period to discuss benefit package including health insurance and retirement plan. Additionally, at this review session, management will lay out a clear-cut plan, with distinct and straightforward instructions on how to earn raises and promotions moving forward.
- We do not currently offer paid time off, however, we are very understanding that life happens and are more than willing to accommodate time-off requests, provided they are given with appropriate notice, whenever possible, and there is a reasonable justification for the request.