VIEW JOBS10/18/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-16T00:00Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
This is a skilled and mechanical position that involves installing, cleaning, testing, and repairing water meters. Participates in and leads others while installing and repairing water mains, water services, fire hydrants, sewer mains, sewer laterals, manholes, force mains and valves. Reports to Chief of Central Lines Maintenance.
Examples of Duties: Field Work: Installs and/or changes out water meters of various sizes. Cleans or replaces meter boxes. Repairs meter leaks. Cut water off/on for customer and other departments. Lower, extend and install sewer laterals. Repairs manholes by adjusting to grade, and rehabilitation. Ability to repair any size of force main and understand the proper procedures for clean up of sewer spills. Ability to excavate the lateral by hand or by using a backhoe. Repair water leaks and point repair of sewer laterals. Repairs, installs, replaces and relocates abandoned lines and hydrants. Ensures that safety practices and procedures are consistently followed. Ability to use the sewer Vac-Con Truck to clean sewer mains, lift station wet wells, and assist water and sewer coworkers during emergency repairs. Ability to use the backhoe, trencher and operate a boom truck. Exercises, repairs, replaces and installs water valves. Reads maps and assists with locates when needed.
Customer Service: Conducts flow and pressure tests in the field on meters and on-line service to the customer's homes. Responsible for good customer communication and service at job site. Completes flow tests on fire hydrants. Ability to perform dye testing, smoke testing and televising mains and laterals. Communicates clearly and politely to assist customers in person and by phone. Interacts with other employees and uses a two-way radio.
Record Keeping: Creates Meter Shop work orders on new and completed work. Logs and inputs information of Meter Shop completed work orders into the computer. Does monthly report from information in computer. Bench tests small meters. Provides input and recommendations to supervisor regarding safety and training needs. Prepares and completes construction reports and daily time sheets. Uses PC to update spread sheets and database.
Radio Communication: Is responsible for relaying information from customers to field personnel, i.e., locates, water leaks, sewer spills, etc. Also assists field personnel via radio with questions from out in the field.
Typical Qualifications: Minimum education requirement of: High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Minimum of three years in the field of heavy equipment and underground utilities, including one year of supervisory responsibilities, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Obtain a minimum of "2" certification in Water Distribution and a "C" in Sewer Collection.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Operators Driver's License with an acceptable driving record. Within six months of employment/promotion, must possess and maintain a valid Florida Commercial Drivers License, Class "B".
Residency Requirements: Must reside within 45 minutes of City Hall (151 SE Osceola Avenue) using Map Quest.
Supplemental Information: Knowledge of cross connection/backflow prevention programs. The ability to operate a personal computer. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Know and understand the operations of gravity sewer lines and force mains. Ability to perform strenuous job assignments. Ability to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions. Ability to use hand-held tools. Ability to communicate clearly and politely, orally and in writing. Ability to work with minimum supervision. Ability to maintain accurate records and prepares reports. Ability to change priorities to meet customer service demands. Knowledge in the areas of water and sewer utilities, map reading and understanding of the Water and Sewer Construction Manual. Knowledge of proper procedures and safety regulations involving the operation of heavy equipment. Ability to make independent judgment and assist in resolving customer concerns in a calm and efficient manner. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
City Of Ocala, FLOcalaFL
VIEW JOBS10/18/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-16T00:00Role Summary
The Commercial Field Service Technician I Developing provides a world class customer experience while installing and repairing commercial products and services at the customer premise. Using a variety of skills and tools, customer requests for services are completed safely, within efficient timeframes, and with high quality to ensure reliability. Recordkeeping of transactions are maintained accurately. High quality written and verbal skills are essential to completion of this role's responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
* Performs on premise tasks for predominately commercial customers with occasional residential customers based on routing and demand. Tasks include wiring, mounting, interconnection, activation and testing of equipment for products which are remotely or self-provisioned, such as Business TV, CBI or Voice Manger. May have limited interaction with products which are classified as "complex" by the CB workflow standards
* Presentation and interaction with customers occurs in a manner which is highly satisfying to the customer, and builds on loyalty. Reviews work requested, describes actions that will be taken, answers questions, presents documentation, and demonstrates the proper functioning of products and services to the customer.
* Activities include preparation, installation, modification, disconnection, diagnostics and repair of commercial products providing video, phone, audio, data and wireless.
* Performance metrics meet expectation ranges of the job description within the performance management tool, with significant oversight and slight autonomy.
* Responds to requests for service installation and changes.
* Reviews and responds to requests for product and service repair or trouble resolution.
* The environments that the work occurs in include, but are not limited to; home offices in residential homes and apartments, retail centers, restaurants, schools and universities, mechanical rooms, utility sites, healthcare, governmental sites and offices.
* Professional and productive interactions are expected with customers, property managers, building engineers, other building trade workers, government officials and the public. Collaborates with Cox Communications team members and boundary partners to fulfill tasks and orders efficiently and co-operatively.
* Basic ability to interpret contracts and written agreements between the company and external parties, such as service contracts, building access agreements, easements, covenants and similar instruments in order to understand requirements, limitation and other important details related to completion of required tasks
* Operates a vehicle safely, and in a manner which reflects positively on the company image and in compliance with the law. All vehicle operation must comply with the company vehicle policy which is updated from time to time. Items within the vehicle must be stored safe and secure and in an orderly manner.
* Equipment handled and used for access while performing the tasks include, but not limited to, ladders, catwalks, aerial lifts, scissor lifts and scaffolding.
* Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. and occasional lifting of up to 75lbs.
* Manual tools used while performing tasks include common hand tools; screwdrivers, wrench, pliers, hammers, fish tapes, saws, etc., requiring squeezing, prying, twisting, pushing and swinging.
* Motorized tools to drill, punch, pull, compress, blow, and vacuum are commonly used.
* Operation of test equipment to verify proper performance of products and the delivery networks. Equipment includes Radio Frequency (RF) meter for power, purity, and interference; RF leakage detectors for shielding integrity; telecommunications test equipment for call progress tones, signaling and audio; Twisted Pair metallic testing for performance and connector assembly; fault detectors for cabling assurance testing, and other supplied testing tools to ensure reliability and product performance; Optical testing equipment for optical delivered signals.
* Produce accurate records of activities related to work including time, material, training, measurements, actions, inventory, customer opinions, and "as completed" designs. The records are placed within ticketing systems, workflow tools, billing systems, routing or workforce systems, GIS and other record repositories,
* Protects the company assets, from loss, theft, and damage. Maintains an accurate inventory and tracking of assigned inventory. Provides accurate reporting for incidents that occur.
* Protects the company's intellectual property including processes, plans, budgets, records, from unauthorized access, theft, or duplication. Follows the data security processes to the highest degree possible.
* Provide clear documentation of actions, tests and results for referring work in progress to other groups for resolution. Promptly engages support to resolve issues.
* Use of software tools used for labor, test, measurement, performance, and costs must be used timely and accurately.
* Perform tasks with a high degree of quality and accuracy to ensure proper, reliable performance of products. Completion of tasks correctly the first time attempted to prevent customer disruption.
* Maintains strong knowledge of product features and function, as well as latest methods and procedures for delivery, including back office workflow tools for task assignment. Provides timely communication to all groups (including customer) of progress of work, change in-task durations, and unexpected changes in work completion. Creates a clear understanding with the Comm Center on route progress and, accurately uses the workforce management software.
* May be required to pass to additional background screenings, as required by law or as required to perform role.
* May be required to participate in stand by or on call schedules to support customers after normal business hours
* Other duties as assigned to support the completion of the department's work.
* HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
* 2 or more years of experience in a related field; i.e. a Technician working in the field supporting video, voice or data products.
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills and verbal communication skills. Direct customer interaction and product demonstration skills.
* Experience as a UHT Technician within the Field Services organization.
* Certifications on related topics from SCTE or NCTI
* Requires strong knowledge of; ITCG, NEC, NESC, mobile data devices, web page navigation, and RF measurement.
* Ability to understand, remember, and apply safety requirements, and the use of safety equipment including personal safety equipment while performing duties. This includes awareness of safety requirements of the environments the work is performed in.
VIEW JOBS10/16/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-14T00:00Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
Hiring range is $26000 to $46,800 annuallyBased on Experience
This is a skilled, technical/mechanical position responsible for performing the maintenance and repair of City vehicles and equipment.
Examples of Duties: Performs preventive maintenance required by vehicle and equipment manufacturer including law enforcement vehicles, aerial devices, fire apparatus, medium-heavy duty trucks, generator units, and off-road equipment. Will routinely lift and position tools and supporting equipment up to 75 lbs. for safety reasons. Will have to work from a ladder and be capable of lifting component assembly weighing up to 75 lbs. from the vehicle to a workbench. Will also be required to operate aerial devices from their stowed to fully extended heights from both ground and platform controls.
Diagnoses equipment failures, orders parts and makes necessary repairs on a variety of equipment.
Documents all work activities by describing the cause of failure, repair correction, and the time involved to complete each repair.
Housekeeping duties performed for immediate work area and assigned facility to ensure proper maintenance of tools and to provide a clean and safe work area. Performs road calls and emergency repairs and will be radio dispatched to a location of vehicle breakdown to assess whether type of unit can be repaired on site or a wrecker is necessary to tow it to the Fleet maintenance facility. Writes (documents) road call reports accurately and completely.
Communicates on radio and telephone for service calls. Processes new vehicles/equipment and prepares vehicles/equipment for auction.
Typical Qualifications: Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Must be able to read and write. Must have one year in the field of automotive, truck, fire, aerial devices and construction mechanics, or equivalent combination of work-related training and experience, or a technical degree/certificate from an accredited institution specializing in the automotive/truck industry.
Must acquire and maintain a valid Florida Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) within (6) months of hire date or promotion. Employee will be responsible for all expenses to obtain CDL and must test on their own time. Must successfully complete Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) training within (6) months of hire date or promotion.
Must obtain motor vehicle air-conditioning systems (MACS) certification in use of refrigerant recycling equipment within twelve (12) months of hire date or promotion.
Must acquire and maintain an ASE certification in medium/heavy truck brakes (T4) within twelve (12) months of hire date or promotion.
Must acquire and maintain an ASE certification in auto brakes (A4) within twelve (12) months of hire date or promotion.
Must acquire and maintain an EVT Maintenance, Inspection, and Testing of Fire Apparatus (F1) certification within twenty four (24) months of hire date or promotion.
Supplemental Information: Must have working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and standard practices of the automotive, truck, fire, aerial devices and construction mechanics trade. Must have knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade. Must have knowledge of the operating and repair characteristics of a wide variety of fleet equipment and similar machinery. Must have knowledge of the principles of operation of gasoline and diesel fueled engines. Must possess a basic working knowledge of computers and the ability to use a keyboard. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
City Of Ocala, FLOcalaFL