Job Summary We are looking for a Spanish bilingual forklift operator to support the material handling of finished product and raw materials on the manufacturing floor and the warehouse. Job Responsibilities
Operate a forklift in the warehouse to transfer products and other cargo into and out of storage or move them in preparation for shipping.
Inspect forklift and work area for potentially dangerous safety problems and promptly notify supervisors of any potential issues.
Carry out hourly, daily and weekly checks to ensure quality of product being transferred is maintained and inventory is organized.
Perform routine and as needed maintenance on forklift and related machinery used during the course of business; keep maintenance tools organized and in good shape.
Maintain a clean and safe work area and undergo regular reviews to ensure safety and cleanliness standards are being met.
Collaborate with team members to meet daily shipment schedules and notify supervisors of any expected delays or issues with productivity; contribute to an overall positive team atmosphere.
Contribute to increasing efficiency and productivity across warehouse team by suggesting and implementing methods to improve processes and workflow.
Track any implemented initiatives and report on changes in productivity.
1 to 2 years' previous experience operating a sit down forklift
VIEW JOBS9/14/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-12-13T00:00Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment, fixtures and manner building repairs in the distribution center. Maintain and repair all lift trucks and mobile equipment. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
* Maintain and repair carts, pallet jacks, reach trucks, stock pickers, turret trucks, sweepers, scrubbers, and fork lift attachments
* Repair and maintain battery chargers, batteries and other equipment as needed
* Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all lift trucks
* Assist and monitor equipment process parameters to perform predictive / preventive maintenance and enter data into Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
* Maintain inventory of spare parts, special need items and tools
* Ability to operate computers and maintenance diagnostics equipment including analog and digital multi-meters, pyrometers, photo-tachometer, etc.
* Diagnose failures, determine parts and material requirements, and perform repairs as required to resume operation on production equipment
* Effectively communicate with peers
* Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and facility
* Repair and maintain hydraulic systems, air compressors, fire system
* Weld, cut, design and repair aluminum and steel structures and devises
* Maintain building maintenance; electrical systems, plumbing, etc.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Excellent verbal and written communication including presentation skills
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry with the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Ability to work weekends, nights, overtime and holidays on a regular basis
* Familiarity with industry/technical and distribution center terms and processes
* Strong organizational and planning skills with specific attention to detail
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines
* Ability to continue education as necessary
* Ability to operate the following special equipment; machinery, and/or special tools: hand truck, hand and power pallet jack, power lift equipment
* Must have a valid driver's license
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* High school education or general education degree (GED)
* 2 + years' experience in plumbing, blueprint reading, general building maintenance, hydraulic and electrical experience;
* 4 years in fork lift repair, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA || Riverside || 1500 Eastridge Ave. || 92507 || Kroger Logistics || None || Logistics/Supply Chain || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
VIEW JOBS9/6/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-12-05T00:00As a Power Equipment Operator at Walmart Supply Chain, you will be operating power equipment to move product through the Distribution network to the Stores to service our Customers. Your role is critical to providing our customers with the product they expect at an everyday low price.
You can expect the work to be very physically demanding with an extremely high focus on your safety and the safety of others. You will be driving power equipment and lifting heavy cases in extreme climates. The flow of freight is very fast-paced, and productivity expectations are high.
Duties and Responsibilities
Powered Equipment Operations
* Transports freight, pulls merchandise, replaces freight, fills daily orders, and controls freight flow when operating moving equipment in a safe and correct manner.
* Transports and delivers freight to appropriate areas of the facility in an accurate and timely manner.
* Tells management about unsafe working conditions, damaged products, or improper procedures in the facility.
* Operates moving equipment in a safe and correct manner.
* Maintains a clean work environment to ensure safety and compliance.
Yard Driver (On Property)
* Drives tractor/trailers in a safe and correct manner by adhering to all regulations (e.g., company, local, state and federal). Transports trailers to appropriate destinations (on the facility property Only) in an accurate and timely manner.
* Tells management about unsafe working conditions, damaged products, or improper procedures.
* Operates tractor/trailer in a safe and correct manner.
* Maintains a clean work environment to ensure safety and compliance.
Yard Driver - On Property will require the following minimal requirement.
* Valid state-issued driver's license and 6 months experience operating tractor/trailer units.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options
* Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
VIEW JOBS9/5/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-12-04T00:00Principal Automotive Equipment Operator
Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201908205522 Full Time Other $42,198 - $59,049
The Principal Auto Equipment Operator is responsible for the operation of a gas, propane or diesel semi-truck with a hydraulic packing system, and/or bin trucks with bin trailers to collect and transport refuse from the UCR campus to the UCR transfer station and to off campus disposal areas. The incumbent is responsible for routine preventative maintenance of the trucks and equipment to include checking connections, checking fluid and air levels, and checking for leaks, with adjustment as necessary. Responsible for completion and filing of paperwork associated with disposal at on and off campus facilities. Performs other duties as assigned.
Facilities Services is one of the largest departments at UC Riverside employing nearly 400 career employees. Facilities Services provides exceptional service in maintaining an environment conducive of teaching, learning, living, working and research for the entire campus community. The department maintains buildings, facilities and landscape totaling over 6 million square feet across 1,350 acres of campus. We are a team of service oriented professionals focused on exceptional client engagement, continuous improvement and development opportunities.
The work schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 4:30 AM - 1:00 PM.
Education or training resulting in a commercial driver's license (Class A or B) with airbrakes endorsement and at least one year of professional driving experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional driving experience in adverse conditions such as traffic and weather. Skill and experience to maneuver the truck into tight areas with automobile and pedestrian traffic. Demonstrated experience utilizing defensive driving techniques; experience in conduction vehicle inspections and ensuring vehicle and pedestrian safety.
Knowledge of refuse collection and disposal techniques, skills, and procedures. Knowledge of and familiarity with recycling programs and procedures. Experience in identifying and knowledge of procedures for handling hazardous waste material. Experience identifying materials requiring special handling and disposal, such as hazardous waste and construction materials. Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements.
Experience with minor vehicle maintenance including minor mechanical repairs and general preventative maintenance, detailing, and cleaning. Experience driving and maneuvering large semi-trucks within tight and enclosed areas. Experience operation forklift, pallet jacks and/or dumpster bin tuggers.
Ability to communicate in English, in writing and verbally. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate information. Proven skill in listening and interacting with the public; providing excellent customer service. Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and professionally with a diverse population. Ability to use two-way radio utilizing standard radio codes and language.
Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations. Ability to maintain accurate records with attention to detail.
Proven ability to work effectively as part of a two person team, and independently. Skill in establishing cooperative working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the campus community. Proven ability to prioritize work and complete established schedules, with occasionally changing priorities. Ability to work various shifts and overtime as required.
Ability to manually move rolling dumpster bins of varying weights up to 1500 pounds for short distances. Operation of 10 wheel dump truck to collect green materials. Ability to use multi-gang hydraulically driven reel tractor, riding rotary and reel units, and walk-behind rotary or reel units. Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions; ability to safely lift, push, pull and carry up to varying weights; ability to kneel, stoop and bend as necessary to perform job duties.
Must have a valid, unrestricted Class A or B California Driver's License.
Successful applicant must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening as a condition of employment, and submit to random testing in accordance with the Federal Highway Administration Department of Transportation regulations and University of California Riverside policies.
Additional experience driving multi-axle vehicles and handling dumpsters, refuse bin tuggers and associated equipment.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details
View complete Job Description for this position
University Of CaliforniaRiversideCA