Forensics Firearm And Tool Mark Examiner
Forest Park , GA 30297
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Firearm and Tool Mark Examiner
Shine Systems is currently seeking a Firearm and Tool Mark Examiner II based in Fort Gillem, GA
Will be required to travel OCONUS
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examine evidence and forensic materials and render all items safe
- Examine evidence items for any signs indicating make, model, modifications, place of origin, manufacturer or maker, and serial numbers.
- Examine evidence items for unique or indicative tool marks, using magnification, etching, x-ray, and/or photographic techniques to best exploit the evidence items
- Use photographic equipment to capture still images of each evidence item and relevant key portions of the evidence item, or other exhibits, to support further analysis, conclusions, and documentation.
- Perform forensic examination of tool marks on a wide variety of weapons and IED related evidence
- Produce detailed notes and reports
- Perform technical and administrative reviews of other examiners casework
- Instrument maintenance
- Interact and collaborate with other group/team members and other forensic staff to ensure a high quality and accurate product
- Five (5) years of experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Examination of lead and other metal fragments
- Examination and microscopic comparison of bullets, ammunition components, and firearms
- Examination of tool marks as having been produced by a particular tool
- Shot pattern examinations, gunshot residue examinations, trajectory analysis
- Collection, preservation, and processing of evidence and event reconstruction
- Experience in more than one of the above fields is preferred
- One (1) year of experience as the lead of a team of firearms and tool mark examiners is desired.
- Experience working with an OIF/OEF Laboratory, TEDAC facility, or other NGIC, DoD or ATF Lab; interagency or state/local law enforcement forensics labs preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Able to obtain a U.S. Passport.