You must be highly analytical and data-driven. You must be able to take a spreadsheet of data on Excel and analyze it in a meaningful and impactful way.
You must be highly motivated and driven to succeed. We want you to take ownership of your duties. We want you to proactively find areas of improvement and take leadership.
You are not afraid to pick up the phone, over and over again if needed. You dont take no for an answer. You continually follow up until you get all the answers.
You are a fashion leader. You follow all the style blogs and scour through Instagram for the latest and greatest looks. You are always one season ahead of the pack. You love and appreciate a wide range of different styles.
You have graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or will be doing so within the next 3 months.
You are open to a variety of tasks - from spending 10 hours a day digging into retail databases, to traveling to LA on a buy, to calling pages of vendors for shipping updates, to going to the stores to lead a markdown project - you are energized and ready to go.
You are emotionally mature and can work unsupervised. You ask good questions. You can be trusted with confidential information.
You are not someone who is interested in working a 9-5. This is not a job; it is a career. Your responsibilities are not easy and will often take long hours and hard work.
You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and embrace solving complex challenges.
You are a collaborative and hard-working problem solver, who leads by example.
VIEW JOBS1/21/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-21T00:00LOCATION 860 South Los Angeles St Los Angeles CA US 90014
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as an Assistant Buyer! Are you a business-minded, self-motivated professional with a passion for fashion and a great eye for trends? Do you have great relationship-building and negotiation skills? Are you a data-driven problem-solver who can react and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
You'll begin your journey as an Assistant Buyer by going through a hands-on 12-week training and on-boarding program where you will become an expert on the off-price model, learn technical skills and be exposed to all the resources we offer to ensure you are successful once placed. You'll work with a mentor who will help guide and support you through training and beyond. You'll spend time shadowing various buying teams both in the market and in the office, interacting with senior leadership and completing classroom and on-line courses. You will also learn about cross functional areas including Planning & Allocation and Supply Chain, among others, which make an impact on your business. After you've completed your training, you'll be placed in a business area where you will be able to start applying your knowledge and skills to help drive results! Our Merchandising career path is clearly defined and offers many opportunities for professional growth and advancement as you develop your merchant skills.
* Select and procure merchandise in conjunction with Buyer in the assigned area of responsibility
* Provide operational support to Buyers
* Attends market visits to select and negotiates product that meets the customer's needs and is priced competitively.
* Independently builds vendor relationships. Establishes a positive relationship in order to effectively influence vendors. This includes heavy interaction with vendors to solve problems and follow-up
* Analyzes business, including selling reports, to provide recommendations to the buyer
* Maintains planned receipt flow on a consistent basis. Tracks when merchandise is being received and uses judgment to make flow issue call outs to buyer when needed. Ensures adherence to scheduled shipping windows and negotiates late shipping discounts
Bachelor's degree required . Experience working in retail, preferred. Candidates should be comfortable utilizing all Microsoft Office programs with a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel. Our buying teams regularly travel to market in Los Angeles, as well as various other locations to perform market research and competitive shopping.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You're going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-79871
Location US-CA-Los Angeles
Address 860 South Los Angeles St
Shopping Center Burlington Coat Factory Care Of Cooper Design Space 7th Floor
Zip Code 90014
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category College
Position Category Buying
Burlington Coat Factory CorporationLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS1/20/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-20T00:00Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands (with no signs of slowing down) making us one of the top subscription box services in the world! We've assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious, impossibly nerdy people who cultivate our amazing fan community, provide support of the highest caliber, and generally just sit there radiating niceness. We're always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
The Buyer is an important part of the Procurement team, supporting the Buyers and taking ownership of key tasks. You will support the Buyer with vendor communications, including sending and receiving RFQs, production information, and samples. You will also be a key conduit for communication with the cross-functional teams: creative, business, and marketing.
Daily tasks also include attending development meetings and a full range of administrative and support: handling correspondence for development tracking, email and communication both internally and to external resources.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Understand the licensed product development process and timelines.
* Help maintain existing vendor relationships.
* Assist Buyers in sourcing and procure items for on-budget and on-time delivery
* Update and maintain the assortment planning documents
* Interface and coordinate with cross-functional teams in various business functions including Creative/Design, Brand Management, Operations, and Logistics.
* Manage product development tracking, from data files to submitted samples
* Manage approval/comments between internal team and vendors
* Provide details and support during all meetings - have oversight on the ongoing status of all major purchase orders to ensure production delivery schedules are on track
* Be able to adapt to a quick change environment
* Experience in coordinating many moving parts between many teams
* 2+ years experience with Sourcing/Mfg and/or Merchandising/Retail Buying (multi/omni channel for direct/vertical retail preferred)
* B.A. / B.S. in related field
* Knowledge of procurement processes including RFP creation and evaluation, vendor selection, contract negotiation and execution
* Geek cred is a definite plus!
* Ability to handle multiple priorities with multiple stakeholders utilizing strong interpersonal skills
* Strong software skills: Proficient in Email, Google Sheets, Google Docs
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Must be detail-oriented
* Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
* Must be flexible and adaptable, with an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
Loot CrateLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS1/18/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-18T00:00Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21's Corporate team and showcase your skills while working with our exceptional employees!
Position: Assistant Buyer (Home)
Reports to: Sr. Buyer
Direct Reports: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 3880 N Mission Los Angeles, CA 90031
The Assistant Buyer will support the Buyers to ensure that inventory receipt goals are met. The Assistant Buyer will maintain the flow of production by coordinating constantly with external vendors, making sure that production deadlines are met and samples are up to standard.
* Coordinate with Buyers, Planners, Logistics, Accounting, Quality control, Receiving departments, and vendors to ensure production requirements are followed
* Communicate with vendors any revisions or changes to garments expressed by the Buyers
* Maintain the Time and Action calendar to track the status of each garment
* Communicate any changes to existing orders to the Purchase Order department
* Work to consistently obtain Pre-Production and Top of Production samples on time
* Compile and upload testing forms, COCD forms, packing instructions, and Certificates of Compliance onto Web PDM
* Maintain a library of best-selling styles, materials, and colors
* Manage the data and files for production matters
Forever 21Los AngelesCA