Food Services Director - Glatt Kosher Brooklyn NY
Triple A Supplies, Inc
Brooklyn , NY 11249
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH GLATT KOSHER EXPERIENCE NEED APPLY. WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES WITH THIS BACKGROUND
Under the direction of Director of Dining Services, the Assistant Director of Dining Services supervises and coordinates the food preparation and food service activities for Nursing Home Residents in accordance of the Department of Health and Local Board of Health regulation. Exercises supervision, management and evaluation over a large number of employees engaged in food preparation and food services activities. Assumes duties of Director in his/her absence. This facility is in the Williamsburg area of Brooklyn.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares assorted meal plans for Glatt Kosher residents in Nursing, LTC/Rehab or Healthcare Facilities.
- Plans, assigns and inspects the work of subordinates preparing, cooking and serving food to residents, staff and visitors; plans daily work schedules of subordinates, rescheduling as necessary. May authorize overtime as needed. Interviews and/or hires applicants.
- Supervises staff training, completes employee performance evaluations; and issues first and second level discipline.
- Schedules and assigns staff, prepares department payroll for data entry.
- Oversees production and inspects work of Food Service Department staff and completes required reports for adherence to diet orders and food service sanitation regulations.
- Plans and revises menus as needed with approval of RD and diet orders to maintain resident health and satisfaction.
- Data input of any diet changes in meal tracker system.
- Orders all food supplies and equipment for the department; monitors invoices for compliance to maintain high quality, cost efficient service.
- Arranges for repair or replacement of equipment and utensils.
- Inspects kitchen, resident and staff dining areas, all kitchen utensils and equipment, all food preparation and food service areas for conformance to department of health sanitation standards.
- Coordinates and plans with various departmental personnel, food preparation activities for special Nursing Home events.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Conference or Morning Report as needed.
- Assist in conducting food committee meeting as scheduled.
- Participate in Resident Council Meeting as needed.
- Other duties, as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices utilized in the preparation of food on a large scale basis; thorough knowledge of Department of Health and Local Board of Health Sanitation Standards.
- Basic understanding of nutrition and staff regulations of long-term care facilities with Kosher background.
- Ability to plan, organize, and inspect the work of subordinates; ability to train subordinates in the principles and practices of food preparation;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English; ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with residents, staff, and co-workers.
- Knowledge of the principles of resident rights and confidentiality.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Keyboarding 40+wpm;
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds, reach, bend, kneel, and sit/stand for long periods of time
- MUST HAVE 3-5 YEARS OF GLATT KOSHER EXPERIENCE - WILL NOT HIRE WITHOUT THIS.
- Minimum 3-5 years managing food service department in long term care, subacute, or rehabilitation facility - Preferably in an Orthodox Jewish Community.
- CDM certification.
- Excellent Cook (formal culinary training or degree preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Institutional Food Service Management (or closely related field)
- Preferred Background and demonstrated ability in training and mentor staff of at least 10+
- Demonstrated proficiency with budget management,
- Knowledge of local, state, health, sanitation and safety codes,
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, service and operation of all kitchen equipment, experience planning menus, special diets and ordering all food and supplies.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications required.Additional Scope of
- Training kitchen staff in cooking, presentation, sanitation,
- Training dining room staff to uphold service standards, menu planning, Inventory, food and supply ordering, managing food and labor budgets.
- Putting on first class events for our residents, their families, potential residents, and professional referral sources.
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA and HRA, AFLAC, 401k, Life, Legal Club, Pet Insurance, Generous Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time. Training and Development