This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Guest Services, Inc. is hiring FULL TIME and PART TIME Cafe Attendants for a newly renovated cafe facing the Potomac River at Alexandria, VA. We offer free parking at the facility. (please note, this location is not metro accesible)
The Ideal Candidate will....
- Be 21+ years of age
- Be TIPS Certified, or able to obtain certification within 30 days of hire
- Be articulate
- Be able to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
The Cafe Attendant is responsible for assisting in all areas of customer service. The Cafe Attendant is involved in most aspects of day to day operations, such as inventory, sales, cash handling, sales reconciliation, line service, etc., while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times; and must be cross-trained in areas related to cashier, cook, line server, and general utility.
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or
- desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or
- Restock kitchen supplies and rotate food.
- Accept payments and issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately as necessary.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain cash station area with various supplies and
- May be assigned to other duties as required by the Shift Supervisor or Manager(s).
Founded in 1917, Guest Services, Inc. has worked tirelessly to earn the reputation as the premier private hospitality management company and National Park Service concessionaire in the US. Guest Services, Inc. takes great care and pride in providing best-in-class services across a wide variety of client sites including hotels, resorts, luxury condominiums, government and business dining facilities, state and national park recreation, museums, conference centers, senior living centers, health care systems, school and university dining facilities, specialty retail stores, and full-service restaurants. The Fairfax, Virginia-based company and its subsidiaries employ in excess of 3,000 team members at more than 250 facilities, which welcome more than 35 million guests annually across the United States.