VIEW JOBS1/21/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-21T00:00Job Summary
Under close supervision, assists with food preparation, serving and clean-up in the cafeteria, production, storeroom, trayline and related areas. Assists stocking of food items. Serves food to customers. Prepares, assembles, and delivers food to patient rooms. Follows and implements HACCP guidelines. Complies with regulatory agency requirements.
* PRN/Per Diem, shift times from 6:00am – 11:15am or 2:30pm – 7:45pm. The number of shifts scheduled per week vary based on the needs of the department. *
Education: A high school diploma or GED certificate preferred.
Experience: No previous work-related experience is needed for this occupation. Food service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of food preparation. Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safety work environment. Knowledge of chemicals and equipment used to clean surface areas sufficient to be able to maintain a clean and orderly work area. Skill in understanding and following oral, illustrated, written or demonstrated instructions. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to work within Health Department standards.
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment hasbeen made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
VIEW JOBS1/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-16T00:00Job Description
Facility: WILLIAMS STREET
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $14.00
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This role provides meal preparation for both Denver area facilities ; Williams Street and Tooley Hall and will be responsible for the transportation of the meals from Tooley Hall to Williams Street using a company vehicle.
The shift schedule is as follows
Either 7 AM or 8 AM to 5 PM or 6 PM (five days per week). This may include a weekend schedule.
This is a full time position with benefits and PTO. Wages are $14.00 per hour.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
* Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
* Conducts orientation and training programs for staff employees.
* Responsible for preparation scheduling and the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
* Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
* Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
* Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
* College credits or relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred. Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
* Minimum one (1) prior experience in successfully managing and/or quantity food production experience in commercial, military, school or institutional setting or an equivalent combination of work experience and training required.
* Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.
* Valid driver's license.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GEO Group Inc.DenverCO
VIEW JOBS1/9/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-09T00:00* We have full-time and part-time openings for a FOOD SERVICE WORKER position.
* Location: Denver and Centenniel, CO 80222 and 80112 Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: Flexible schedules available Monday through Friday, weekends may be required.
* Requirement: Food Service experience preferred but will train.
* Perks: Free shift meal, free uniform, flexible schedule, cross training opportunities. Retention Bonus for Part-time Hires!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Working for Morrison Community Living is more than a job – it's a calling. We are the leading provider of dining, nutrition, wellness and community services to America's senior living communities. From our sustainable food practices and innovative culinary programs – to housekeeping, plant operations and landscaping, we enrich the lives of seniors every day. To do that, we need the best and brightest to work with us. We're seeking talented people who have a passion for seniors. We're making a difference every day. Are you ready to join us?
Full time associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares, presents and serves food as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
* Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
* Stores food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
* Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
* Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
* Resolves customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
* Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
* Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based Compass Group USA IncDenverCO