VIEW JOBS11/4/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-02T00:00Job Summary
Under general supervision, assists in supervising routine duties related to the retail operations, preparation and serving of food, including cleaning of the kitchen area, utensils, and equipment. Assists in training, scheduling, and checking the work of other employees which may include overseeing Tray line activities. Acts in a supervisory role in the absence of the supervisor. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education 1. Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate required.
Experience 1. Three years of experience performing food preparation and/or food service required. Experience with an establishment such as an educational, correctional, military, or medical institution preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices sufficient to be able to establish priorities, assign and review work and resolve problems for Food Service Workers as required. 2. Knowledge of food safety techniques. 3. Knowledge of reading, writing and math. 4. Organization skills. 5. Effective communication skills. 6. Ability to operate applicable kitchen equipment. 7. Ability to react and perform under deadlines. 8. Skill in interpreting and applying written guidelines, precedents, and work practices to standardized work situations or specific cases. 9. Knowledge of food services sufficient to be able to prepare and maintain steam tables, cold tables, and various related items.
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment hasbeen made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
VIEW JOBS11/2/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-31T00:00* We have an opening for a part-time FOOD SERVICE WORKER position.
* Location: Clermont Park - 2479 S. Clermont Street Denver, CO 80222 Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: P/T: open availability and flexible scheduling.
* Requirement: Food Service experience preferred but will train!
* Perks: RETENTION BONUS: Part-time new hires can earn up to $250 per quarter. Ask about the details during the interview. Free uniform. Free meal. Flexible schedule. Cross training opportunities!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Community Living, a member of Compass Group North America, is the nation's only company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition and hospitality services to the senior living industry. Morrison has over 150 registered dietitians, 200 executive chefs, 400 hospitality associates and 7,000 professional food service team members. Actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service, the Atlanta-based company serves more than 450 senior living clients in 41 states, including some of the largest and most prominent senior living communities in the United States.
Full time associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits!
Summary: Prepares, presents and serves food as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
* Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
* Stores food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
* Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
* Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
* Resolves customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
* Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
* Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the eCompass Group USA IncDenverCO
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Auto req ID: 163130BR
We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
That's why we perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies and improve processes…all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World's largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Pepsi Beverages Company (PBC) is PepsiCo's beverage manufacturing, sales and distribution operating unit in the U.S. and Canada. Your position will be part of the North America Beverage organization.
Do you have a passion for driving customer happiness? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve business and get results? If so, we want you to join our team! As the Key Account Manager (KAM) for Retail Sales, you will be responsible for executing a selling strategy in assigned retail accounts. You will handle key customer relationships including negotiating customer agreements that deliver against internal operating plans and customer expectations.
* Build volume and revenue in your key assigned accounts by using fact-based selling methods
* Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions to improve brand development and performance
* Analyze customer information and business trends using IRI and Nielsen to identify and expand business opportunities
* Work closely with the Selling Operations team to enhance overall customer happiness
* Cultivate strong customer relationships
* Ensure your customers are following PBC contract requirements
* A minimum of 2 years of fact-based selling experience
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
* Consumer packaged goods experience
* Willing and able to lift 40 lbs. periodically
* Authorized to work in the United States
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency StatementPepsicoDenverCO