Serves as the second-in-charge employee that directs the food service operation at the facility level, guiding and overseeing daily operation including the leadership of subordinate staff.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
1.Assists with management of the daily operation of the food service department.
2.Carries out delegated responsibilities assigned by Food Service Director.
3.Able to serve as the lead kitchen employee and floor supervisor.
4.Maintains a certification of Food Safety Management through ServSafe or approved agency.
5.Assists with review and completion of paperwork daily to ensure accuracy and for all governing agencies, including Department of Public Health, USDA, DOE, DJJ, ACA, etc
6.Provides support to the lead for ACA preparation for food service-related standards.
7.Keeps the food service operation prepared for compliance audits by internal and external auditing agencies.
8.Assists with corrective action plans for any areas found noncompliant on any audit.
9.Places weekly order of all raw foods, taking current inventory, budget, and facility population into consideration.
10. Places order for USDA commodity foods and/or DOD produce to responsibly spend entitlement funds.
11. Assists with the review of each delivery to ensure quality control, and relays quality issues to the vendor and central office leadership.
12. Assists with completion of monthly reporting in JTS of the daily meal count for the month, and of raw food inventory on hand, including entitlement program foods.
13. Reviews the kitchen consistently for sanitation, safety, and program compliance.
14. May provide education and training to all staff on an ongoing and as needed basis to maintain adequate sanitation, safety, and program compliance.
15. Demonstrates ability to provide supervision of the food service operation, including the ability to complete all required paperwork and month end reports.
16. Demonstrates excellent communication skills between subordinate staff, peers, and leadership.
17. Demonstrates adequate computer literacy and the ability to communicate via email in a timely manner.
2.High school diploma or GED AND two years' experience in the area of assignment, one of which was as a lead worker or supervisor OR one year of experience at the lower Food Svc position or equivalent
1.Excellent written and oral communication skills
2.Ability to motivate staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed
3.Knowledge of all governing bodies' rules and regulations including DPH, ACA, DOE, USDA, and DJJ
4.Thorough knowledge of large food service equipment and appropriate usage
5.Experience with the National School Lunch Program
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED AND Two years of experience in a food service operation in a capacity that involved formal supervision of workers OR One year of experience at the lower level Food Svc Spec 1 (FFT010) or position equivalent.
State Of Georgia