Food Service Assistant Director Bronx NY
Triple A Supplies, Inc
Bronx , NY 10451
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under the direction of Director of Dining Services, the Assistant Director of Dining Services supervises and coordinates the food preparation and food service activities for Nursing Home Residents in accordance of the Department of Health and Local Board of Health regulation. As Assistant Director of Dining Services you will exercise supervision, management and evaluation over a large number of employees engaged in food preparation and food services activities. Assistant Director of Dining Services assumes duties of Director in his/her absence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assistant Director of Dining Services plans, assigns and inspects work of subordinates; plans daily work schedules.
- Supervises staff training, performance evaluations and issues.
- Schedules and assigns staff, prepares department payroll for data entry.
- Assistant Director of Dining Services oversees production and completes required reports for adherence to diet orders and food service sanitation regulations.
- Plans and revises menus as needed with approval of RD and diet orders. Data input of any diet changes in meal tracker system.
- Orders all food supplies and equipment, monitors invoices.
- Assistant Director of Dining Services arranges for repair or replacement of equipment and utensils and will be responsible for getting various proposals for main kitchen equipment.
- As Assistant Director of Dining Services you will participate in the recruiting efforts of kitchen staff including: being a part of the hiring team on our ATS and navigating candidates through the entire process as well as in the orientation process for new hires.
- Inspects kitchen, resident and staff dining areas, all kitchen utensils and equipment, all food preparation and food service areas for conformance to department of health sanitation standards.
- Coordinates and plans with various departmental personnel, food preparation activities for special Nursing Home events.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Conference or Morning Report as needed.
- Assistant Director of Dining Services becomes part of conducting food committee meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in Resident Council Meeting as needed.
- Training kitchen staff in cooking, presentation and sanitation
- Training dining room staff to uphold service standards, menu planning, Inventory, food and supply ordering, managing food and labor budgets.
- Putting on first class events for our residents, their families, potential residents, and professional referral sources.
- Other duties, as requested or assigned.
- Must have a minimum 3-5 years managing food service department in long term care, sub acute, or rehabilitation facility.
- Must possess an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Food Service Management, supplemented with Food Service Sanitation Certificate, Food Service Managers Certificate, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- CDM certification. If no certification, Pinnacle Dietary will offer to help you obtain this.
- Excellent Cook (formal culinary training or degree preferred)* Background and demonstrated ability in training and mentor staff of at least 10+
- Demonstrated proficiency with budget management
- Knowledge of local, state, health, sanitation and safety codes
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, service and operation of all kitchen equipment
- Experience planning menus, special diets and ordering all food and supplies
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications required.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift including alternate weekends.
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA and HRA, AFLAC, 401k, Life, Employee Savings Plans, Pet Insurance, Generous Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time. Training and Development