• KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Food Safety Coordinator will be responsible and accountable for managing the Spindrift sensory program and facilitating the implementation and ongoing management of Company quality systems.
• Managing the coordination and execution of product and raw material tastings onsite; this includes standard production retains as well as any designated product quality holds.
• Maintaining all documentation and re-certifications to support product label claims (e.g. Kosher, SQF, traceable, non-GMO, gluten free, etc.) from raw material to consumer.
• Maintain 3rd party audit requirements and data systems for customers (Costco, GORP, etc.)
• Reviews 3rd party audits and prepares correspondence related to corrective actions, audit compliance, timelines for required activities, product quality complaints, etc.
• Manage Product Retain Library including maintaining an orderly process of receiving product retains into the library, storage of retains, and the disposal of expired samples.
• Assist in onboarding of new suppliers and co-packers by collecting, compiling, and approving initial audit information
• Assists with mock recalls internally and with suppliers
• Monitors food safety alerts on an ongoing basis; and issues timely communications to team on food safety information, updates and recalls as it pertains to Spindrift
• Assist in managing quality related data to include, but not limited to Safefood360, Netsuite, and DOMO
A minimum of 1-3 years of food safety experience, with experience in HACCP, GMP, USDA, or FDA preferred.
• Previous experience with SQF, ISO, GFCO, and/or FDA audits desirable
• Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and consider no task too small nor too large.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment
• Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability
• Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, organized, creative, independent enthusiastic, dependable and driven by excellence
• Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications with internal and external contacts
• Adjusts tasks and focus in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities