Food & Beverage Manager - Ludlow House
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10001
Posted 3 weeks ago
Who we are
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether its a private members club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe its our people who make that happen.
See for yourself CLICK the links BELOW to WATCH
HOW WE WORKHOW WE HAVE FUNandWHY WE STAY
Our second club in Manhattan, Ludlow House occupies a former gold leaf factory on the Lower East Side, with four floors of dedicated member spaces Living Room & Parlor, Lous Kitchen & Bar, a 24-seat screening room, club within a club for member events and live performances, along with a retractable rooftop restaurant.
At Soho House a Food & Beverage Manager reports to the General Manager. The team is comprised of problem solvers who are innovative, approachable and passionate about providing remembered experiences through food, drink and culture. They are adaptable, team players who proactively take ownership of deliverables and humbly provide results.
At Soho House a Food & Beverage (F&B) Manager is responsible for managing all F&B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and manage all F&B orders, staff and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement. The F&B Manager will be largely responsible for service standards, elevating member/guest experience, hiring, training and oversight of F&B staff scheduling.
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
- Manage staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures
- Assess staff performance, conduct appraisals, and strategize for improving staff performance
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests
- Organize staff meetings, training's and agendas monthly
- Ensure that the health and safety policy (I.e. workers comp procedures and allergy procedures) is adhered to at all times
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Responsible for profit goals of the F&B operation
- Providing proper guidance to staff including training and disciplinary action as required
- Identify customers needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
- Establish targets, KPIs, schedules, policies and procedures
- Provide a two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity
- Analyzes financial statements for the F&B operations (income and expenses) relative to budgeted goals and takes corrective measures as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have 2+ years related experience in F&B operations with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to make periodical fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the property to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, push, carry or lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, cleaning, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically.
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.