Food And Beverage Director
Cincinnati , OH 45227
Posted 2 days ago
The Kenwood at Senior Star is seeking a Food and Beverage Director.. Salary range is $80K - $90K, DOESenior Star is ranked #3 Best Place to Work in Aging Services by Forbes Magazine!
See what our associates have to say: Senior Star Glassdoor"Inspiring Place to Work!!" Current Associate
Senior Star provides an inspiring place to work as I find myself surrounded by individuals who truly push for excellence. The culture is positive and supportive with everyone working toward a common goal. The leadership is approachable and cares about the work environment for the associates as well as the quality of care provided to the residents of our communities.
One of the most gratifying aspects of myjob is seeing the willingness on the part of just about everyone to help those who have a need. It is not uncommon for the owners or upper management to meet with individuals who need advice or mentoring - even if such conversation provides no benefit to Senior Star. Definitely a five-star company in my book!
At Senior Star we believe in supportingYOU!
Senior Star offers a competitive benefits package that includes extraPERKS!
These perks are available to all associates and include:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Emergency Relief Fund
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Occupancy, NOI and Safety Bonuses
- Resident and Employee Referral Bonuses
- Shift Differentials
Senior Starlooks forpassionate, creative, flexible, customer service-minded individualswho have a desire to embrace Senior Living and strive for excellencein everything they do.We are looking for individuals who connect on a very personal level to our mission, values and promise.
Senior Star's mission is toUnite and Serve
. We unite as exceptional stewards for seniors and those who love them, and serve as thoughtful spokespeople for senior living.
Our values guide our way and give life to ourCHEER
to fiscal responsibility.Honor
what we do.Respect
At Senior Star, we promise to do for each other withLOVE.Check out what working for Senior Star is all about:http://www.seniorstar.com/culture-video/Senior Star is certified a great place to work!http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/senior-starEMPLOYEE RATINGS
(over 1200 associates surveyed)94%
GREAT BOSSESWHAT EMPLOYEES SAY92%
PEOPLE CELEBRATE SPECIAL EVENTS AROUND HERE.92%
I FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE WAYS WE CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITY.91%
I FEEL I MAKE A DIFFERENCE HERE.91%
MY WORK HAS SPECIAL MEANING: THIS IS NOT "JUST A JOB".90%
WHEN I LOOK AT WHAT WE ACCOMPLISH, I FEEL A SENSE OF PRIDE.
Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions, the Food and Beverage Director
is responsible for the overall effective operation of the Food & Beverage service within the Community. This position is responsible for the selection, training and supervision of all dietary employees and procures supplies and equipment in sufficient quantities and of sufficient quality to assure a quality food service operating within budget. The Food & Beverage Director assures that all applicable local, state, and federal requirements are maintained at all times
- Ensures that all residents are receiving properly prepared and nutritious meals.
- Inspects department on regular basis to insure all standards of production and sanitation are being met. Ensures that hygiene and health standards of personnel are being met. Assures assigned work stations are in safe and sanitary conditions.
- Inspects Dining Room areas to insure all standards are maintained.
- Insures personnel reviews are completed in a timely and equitable manner.
- Will keep appropriate records and participate in the establishing of the Department's budget.
- Strong knowledge of PC software, including Excel, Word and using email.
- Maintains current records pertaining to operations and insures that timely and accurate reports are submitted at intervals determined by the Executive Director.
- Properly delegates authority, responsibility, and accountability to other responsible departmental personnel as appropriate.
- Participates in Quality Assurance, Safety, Cost Containment and other committees as directed by Administrator.
- Meets regularly and as needed with Executive Director and resident committees to openly discuss concerns and plans of correction.
Prefer candidate that possesses 5-7 years experience in a management position, with proven leadership skills. Experience in budget/management control and inventory, supervision of a minimum of employees. Must have a strong background in hotel or club style food service operation.