Floating Assistant Manager Self Storage
Carrollton , TX 75006
Posted 7 days ago
We are looking for energetic, outgoing self-starters who have excellent sales, marketing and customer service skills. He/she aggressively contributes to profitability by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships and being committed to customer satisfaction. These managers pay close attention to detail and have general accounting, marketing and basic computer skills.
This position will float between two stores, one in Carrollton, TX and one in Park Cities, TX.
Full time position with hourly compensation between 12.00 - 13.00 per hour.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the sales, marketing, occupancy, and delinquency management of the facility.
- Keeping the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills as approved by management
- Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems and professionally handling telephone and walk-in inquiries
- Shows, rents and cleans self-storage units as well as actively selling and maintaining supplies of moving and packing materials
- Maintains all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner as directed by management
- Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis including sending out monthly invoices
- Cleans space(s) as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed. Clean office and restrooms daily.
- Completes routine maintenance such as changing light bulbs, some painting, and light repairs that typically require the use of a drill, hammer, or screwdriver.
- Maintains a neat, clean, safe and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks as well as visual inspection daily
- General management of the office including but not limited to opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making daily bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by management
- Assist in preparing units for auction, vacate as prescribed by law, and approved by management
- Effectively communicates with management and fellow associates
Basic computer operation required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Preferably experience using a self-storage software application is a plus but not required. Understanding of an automated gate system preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE - QUALIFICATIONS:
- Customer service, retail sales, marketing, general office and telephone skills all required.
- Good organizational skills and basic accounting practices.
- Basic knowledge of self-storage industry law is helpful.
- Successful record of accomplishment of sales and marketing skills in the self-storage or retail industry. General office functions and experiences a plus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Employment is also subject to background check and pre-employment drug test.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma and some college preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sitting for approx. 6 hours, light to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds. Ability to use a drill, hammer, and screwdriver.
NOTE: Candidates who have experience working in any of the following arenas are especially encouraged to apply: hotel & hospitality, car rental, travel & service industry, collections agency, retail sales, gym or health club, banking, direct sales, business to business sales, business to consumer sales, retail management, or hotel management.
PAY RATE: $12.00-13.00/hr. (depends on experience)