Financial Services Representative
Pittsfield , MA 01202
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Division: Retail Banking
Department: Pittsfield, MA - 734 Williams St
Reports to: Branch Officer
Location: 734 Williams Street, Pittsfield, MA
Provides exceptional customer service while educating customers on a wide variety of products and services. Ensures proper documentation and compliance for all new accounts and account maintenance.
- Counsels customers on product selection, capitalizes on cross-selling opportunities, and establishes new accounts. Originates/closes consumer loans, mortgage loans, and second mortgage products, ensures proper documentation for all account maintenance, and handles safe deposit rentals and access where applicable. Resolves routine customer issues or problems. Stays abreast of all banking regulations and internal policies/procedures regarding products/services. 50%
- Redeems and exchanges savings bonds, processes check orders and loan documents, prepares customer correspondence, and may open and process incoming mail. Provides backup to Branch Officer/Asst. Branch Manager or teller line as needed and facilitates and participates in branch team meetings. 25%
- Participates in all internal sales/referral programs in order to achieve branch goals and support all bankwide initiatives. 25%
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one's duties
Must be eligible to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry for purposes of SAFE Act, if applicable.
- Minimum 2 years' customer service experience
Skills & Knowledge:
Strong verbal/written communication skills
Proficient computer skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Problem solving skills
Excellent customer service skills
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.