Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Financial Reporting Manager
Oklahoma City , OK 73101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client, a private equity-backed E&P operator based in Oklahoma City, is actively seeking a Financial Reporting Manager who will support pre-IPO activities and will lead internal and external reporting requirements.This position will be integral to the finance team and needs to be an enthusiastic, positive and hands-on individual who thrives in a fast-paced start-up/pre-IPO environment. The ideal candidate will have SEC and E&P oil and gas expertise including experience with public financial reporting, prior responsibilities with technical accounting issues and preparing 10K and 10Q.
- Develop and maintain the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting process (internal and external).
- Responsible for format, content and distribution of all financial reporting; to management, private-equity owners, Board of Directors and financial institutions.
- Financial reporting includes monthly and annual GAAP statements and numerous non-GAAP reports of various financial measures.
- Ownership of the preparation, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of external financial statements, disclosures, reporting policies, procedures internal controls.
- Manage and coordinate all financial reporting controls, including an internal review of financial statements, documentation of financial statement support, and review and approval of reports by Executive Management and Owners.
- Develop the financial reporting cycle, best practices and data flow among financial systems in compliance with SOX requirements.
- Manage the preparation of consolidated financial statements, footnotes and disclosures ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Participate in the financial close process including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for various complex accounting topics including stock-based compensation, capitalized software, consolidations, foreign currency, etc.
- Partner with key stakeholders in connection with strategic transactions including performing due diligence and valuations as required.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare accounting memos on complex issues such as debt and equity issuances, business combinations, debt modification and extinguishments, collaboration agreements and share-based compensation arrangements.
- Lead and participate in various governance activities including developing policies and procedures, the delegation of authority, and implementing controls.
- Manage the preparation and coordination of SEC 10-Q/K filings including all financial statements, footnotes and Managements Discussion & Analysis.
- Maintain internal controls for reporting processes and SEC filings.
- Research potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures.
- Interact closely with the external auditors and internal and external legal counsel.
- Aid external auditors during the quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Ensure support to key customers, including Treasury, Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed.
- Ensures and maintains adequate internal controls including process narratives and checklists.
- Ensure compliance with all GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements, as well as federal, state, local, and country-specific reporting requirements.
- Ensure GAAP compliance of all company accounting policies, including GAAP research in preparation of new policies and disclosures, and related documentation.
- Prepare covenant compliance statements.
- Analyze and research financial information pertaining to the international financial statements and provide an executive level presentation of results.
- Research and draft technical memoranda to present a strategy on proposed or new accounting and SEC regulations that may impact the company.
- Keep current with new/proposed accounting literature and determine the impact for the company.
- Assess financial impact and leads the team in understanding/applying new financial standards.
- MBA or Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance. CPA is preferred.
- Prior role within Big 4 or public accounting with experience within the energy industry.
- Combination of public accounting and upstream energy industry experience; balance in both areas highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and SEC rules and regulations is required.
- SEC Reporting experience in a public company required.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting cycle, best practices and data flow among financial systems in compliance with SOX requirements.
- Entrepreneurial drive with the ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimal hierarchy.