Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Financial Planning Paraplanner
Redwood City , CA 94061
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
B|O|S has a current opening for a Financial Planning Paraplanner to join our wealth management firm in our Silicon Valley office. The position works collaboratively with the Director of Financial Planning and is a key part of the firms Financial Planning (FP) Team. The position is primarily dedicated to the FP Teams strategic projects, training and software/tools which support the delivery of advice to our clients. This position will also work collaboratively with our advisor teams to provide financial planning, investment management and client service.
This role will provide the opportunity to be closely mentored in learning the wealth management business with a reputable Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm with large, sophisticated clients. The individual hired in this role will receive broad exposure to all aspects of financial planning, including learning tools and creating specific analysis for clients.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Enhance the firm Financial Planning (FP) processes and tools to ensure sophisticated client advice is consistently delivered
- Evaluate software and services to determine inclusion within the firms FP resources and/or client service process
- Support of the firms subject matter experts
- Research of FP topics to create internal firm training, marketing collateral and website content
- Report on FP trends within the wealth management industry to firm leadership
- Assist in the maintenance of all FP tools, website content and annually adjusted information.
- Prepare comprehensive financial plans including cash flow management, risk management, investment planning, tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning
- Develop portfolio allocations and investment recommendations
- Complete administrative and operational activities for our private and institutional clients. Assist advisors with investment portfolio reviews, provide client service and interface with custodians for ongoing account transactions and maintenance.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and courteous conduct in responsibilities and dealings with clients, prospects, COIs, B|O|S colleagues, and other business entities with which B|O|S has a relationship. This includes compliance with legal, professional and established firm standards of conduct. Uphold the B|O|S values as work is performed.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience required. Strong academic record a plus.
- Entry level to two years relevant experience required.
- Completion of required CFP coursework and passing the CFP exam is highly desired.
- Desire to pursue further knowledge and additional designations in financial planning beyond the CFP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Word) required.
- Ability to quickly learn new software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with high net worth clients and institutions.
- Dependable, ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and work independently.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Flexible in day-to-day work flow.
- Cooperative team player: willing to put team ahead of self.
Working Conditions: Will require some travel between the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices.
Benefits include a commuter checks plan, 401(k) match, charitable giving match and education reimbursement.