Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above.
You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Responsible for leading and managing staff, vision and strategic plan of respective Financial Intelligence Unit area (s) under leadership. This may include, but is not limited to, investigation, quality control/quality analysis, enhanced due diligence, know your customer, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Suspicious Incident Reporting (SIR), Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) and Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR). Additional responsibilities include the identification of potential enhancements, suggesting strategies to prevent, identify, and fight money laundering and terrorist financing throughout the enterprise in an effective and efficient manner.
Lead, develop and enhance complex and/or multiple Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) areas under leadership. This includes developing and implementing the long-term strategy for managing and coordinating the operations and tactical support of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1.Lead activities to ensure that BB&T Corporation remains in compliance with applicable BSA/AML and OFAC regulations by establishing and following appropriate risk-based, enterprise-wide BSA/AML and OFAC policies and procedures and by providing and managing the resources necessary to accurately identify and mitigate money laundering and terrorist financing risks.
2.Ensure that complete, accurate, and timely SARs are filed with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and ensure 90 day reviews and filings are completed within documented guidelines.
3.Manage internal and external departmental BSA/AML and OFAC audits and examinations within each area of expertise and serve as a point-of-contact during internal audits and external examinations.
4.Provide direction for the development of the necessary applications/solutions while working with the end- users to identify and recommend enhancements and solutions, as well as continually evaluating alternative systems and methodologies.
5.Monitor and interpret current and future industry trends and BSA/AML and OFAC regulations within each area of expertise and adjust procedures and processes accordingly.
6.Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with the appropriate business partner working with vendors and suppliers that provide applications/solutions for their respective areas.
7.Act as a liaison between Financial Intelligence Unit Management and other lines of business throughout the enterprise to ensure proper notification of decisions and reporting of Financial Intelligence Unit processes, enhancements, etc. 8. Manage process improvements, documentation, and merger/conversion activities in support of BSA/AML and OFAC laws and regulations.
9.Manage internal control processes to ensure that appropriate access and privileges are assigned to FIU personnel regarding the systems and applications managed and owned by their respective areas.
10. Participate in BSA/AML training that may include webinars, periodicals and self -study in order to stay abreast of the BSA/AML laws and regulations. Maintain awareness of national and world events and industry trends through press releases, internal or external watch lists or other relevant sources to mitigate the company's reputation or regulatory risk.
11. Provide direction and leadership or assist in the direction and leadership for the development of applicable BSA/AML and OFAC training programs. Coordinate the training and guidance for new associates as they are hired or transferred into the area.
12. Lead and mentor associates to achieve their fullest potential and prepare those associates for the next level of responsibility and achievement. This includes making recommendations for employment (recruiting and hiring), career development, performance evaluations, salary changes, promotions, transfers, and terminations within established policies and guidelines.
13. Manage or assist in the management of departmental and project budgets while optimizing service and cost to the business unit.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or equivalent education and related training
2.Six years of managerial, banking or financial industry experience
3.Five years of experience in investigative research and documentation or related BSA/AML experience
4.Thorough working knowledge of BSA/AML and OFAC reporting requirements and regulations, including, but not limited to, currency transaction reporting, money laundering and terrorist financing detection
5.Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with Senior Leadership, Line of Business Department Heads, and external entities ( e.g. federal examiners)
6.Strong work prioritization and time management skills; strong planning and coordination skills
7.Results driven and goal oriented
8.Ability to provide constructive feedback through leadership, motivation, and persuasion; ability to influence others without direct authority
9.Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to make sound and rational decisions
10. Proven team building skills
11. Ability to make sound decisions with limited supervision
12. Thorough working knowledge of information technology and operational methodologies and practices
13. Ability to stay abreast of and interpret industry trends and apply where necessary
14. Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment, with time-critical situations
15. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products and BSA/AML software
16. Ability to learn all internal applications necessary to perform the requirements of this position
17. Ability to travel as required, occasionally overnight
1.Master's degree in Business or other related field, or a graduate of BB&T or other widely recognized banking school
2.Eight years of bank and compliance experience with emphasis on BSA/AML and OFAC laws and regulations
3.Knowledge of project management and problem management processes 4. Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or other applicable related certifications
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify