Tyler , TX 75702
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job SummaryIf you have a keen mind for customer service in addition to money savvy, we would love to have you onboard as a billing clerk. Our compensation package includes three weeks of paid vacation per year, comprehensive health and dental insurance options, and discounts for gym memberships. We would like you to cheerfully greet customers while keeping in mind that they may be stressed about money worries. Thus, we need someone who can walk the fine line between being professional and supportive and being dismissive or overly cheery. This position draws heavily on customer service practices as well as a careful attention to detail.Job Responsibilities
- Greet in-person customers and communicate with them as to the purpose of their visit; contact customers through other methods such as telephone, email, and postal mail with the goal of identifying problems and resolving them.
- Maintain paper and electronic records for various accounts and supporting documentation; ensure that data is accurate.
- Create and follow scripts for dealing with customers (e.g., you would treat a customer on the telephone differently than one in person, and you would have a different script for a customer who is one day late with payments versus a month late).
- Supervise accounts receivable for certain departments and, as necessary, identify and process accounts that are overdue for collection.
- Communicate with various departments and external companies regarding customer billing issues.
- Undertake daily cash reconciliation.
- Attend training seminars and staff meetings and take on miscellaneous tasks as needed (e.g., doing front desk service when necessary).
- Support the billing supervisor when necessary.
Job Skills & QualificationsRequired
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a job with billing tasks
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient in billing and collections procedures, and in office work
- Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of [insert relevant industry such as trucking or medical labs] practices
- Word and Outlook knowledge