Financial Controller, Soho Works - NY Support
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10001
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
SEE HOW WE WORKHAVE FUNANDWHY WE STAY
The Financial Controller, Soho Works is a newly created position that will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis as it relates to Soho Works. In collaboration with the CFO and CDO you will be responsible for developing P&Ls and capital forecasts that provide visibility into income and expense trends. Establish operating objectives, policies and procedures. As well as monitor real-time sales performance against budgets & forecasts.
- Contribute to capital financing planning.
- Define monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs and coordinate production.
- Generate timely, accurate, and meaningful ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Create the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
- Define and develop accounting operations with the ability to roll up results into the parent companys results.
- Facilitate the establishment of new vendor relationships.
- Partner with the Group A/P and A/R managers to achieve desired results.
- Originate and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems in compliance with GAAP.
- Work with teams to ensure revenue and costs factors are identified and tracking reports are defined.
- Manage all tax planning to comply with federal, state & local regulations including corporate and sales taxes.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed to support the growth of the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- 5+ years experience in managerial accounting and financial management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred. MBA a plus.
- Strong Ecommerce experience.
- Working knowledge of financial and data base systems, preferably Sage ERP x3 Software.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other members of the senior management and influence decision making.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of financial and legal principles and practices.
- Excellent time management, planning, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills.
- Proven problem solving capabilities.
- An understanding of the essential fundamentals of cross border billing and tax reporting.
- Advanced Excel skills associated with large volumes of data, data management and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care: Full time employees are offered; Medical, Dental & Vision
- Retirement: 401K with a company match of 2%