New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking to add a Financial Controller to our growing team! We are a dynamic international B2B conferences and events company located in midtown Manhattan.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for preparing all business wide statements that follow regulatory and accounting guidelines for one of our most successful and fastest growing divisions, CMP. Reporting into the NY Finance Director, you will be responsible for setting up new control systems, identifying new efficiencies and supporting the Managing Director with financial guidance and insights. You must be a highly organized professional with a great eye for detail! Reliable and execution oriented, you must be able to carry out complex financial tasks both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to build the annual forecast and strategize growth opportunities
- Responsible for the preparation of CMP Financial Statements and monthly reporting packet in compliance with official guidelines and annual audit.
- Responsible for formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices.
- Responsible for journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly and annual closing.
- Manage the cash flow statements including accurate reconciliation of the bank accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining KPIs in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for accuracy of all accrual entries.
- Create a monthly Internal Audit file for review.
- Responsible for Commission Calculations and assisting in the development of variable compensation plans.
- Preparation of budgets or forecasts including the Rolling Weekly Forecast.
- Development and training of Accounting Team according to needs of the CMP business.
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Review the companys accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT systems to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Proven experience as Assistant Controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or Masters) strongly preferred
You will receive both formal and hands-on training in the management aspects of our business, together with real-time feedback to help develop your skills. Plus we offer:
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent office location one block from Grand Central and Bryant Park
- Career progression and development support with clear pathways both upwards and across departments
- Fun office culture with an ongoing calendar of social events
- Ongoing training at the individual, team and department levels
- International company with opportunities to transfer abroad
- Visit us at https://careers-iqpc.com/our-cultureto learn about all we have to offer!
IQPC collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). See our privacy notice for further details: https://careers-iqpc.com/privacy-notice/
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor. ABOUT US: At IQPC, we bring knowledge to life! Our Business to Business events and conferences facilitate the sharing of ideas between industry leaders and professionals and help our clients develop valuable business networks. Weve been researching and developing innovative conferences for over 40+ years and are experts at keeping our finger on the pulse of every industry we operate in. Our goal is simple, we want to help our clients Learn. Connect. Grow.