New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reporting directly to our VP, Finance this is an opportunity to join a fast growing startup in a new role on the Finance team as a Financial Controller for an international high growth tech startup. This newly created role will own the companys financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Areas of responsibility will range from managing accounting records, to compliance, financial statements and coordinating auditing processes and ensuring accuracy of financial information. You will need to possess strong analytical skills, have exceptional problem solving skills and a flair for numbers. This is an amazing opportunity to join a small Finance team and help support with growth of both the Finance function and Grafana Labs a key inflection point.
- Manage, train and guide a team of two people that will continue to grow as the Company scales
- Oversee all global accounting activities across five entities worldwide - accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review all units monthly and quarterly reporting packages and provide timely feedback to the units
- Review accruals for month end close, liaising with different department heads and business owners to collect the necessary information for ensuring financial accuracy.
- Responsible for commission calculations, accruals, and accounting in accordance with ASC606
- Prepare the monthly consolidation including the consolidated schedules and reconciliations
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close process and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Prepare the monthly revenue file, including the deferred revenue schedules, roll forward, SAAS metrics and related analyses.
- Implement and maintain all aspects of ASC 606 compliance and work closely with the various team members to ensure revenue recognition process in accordance with ASC 606.
- Review customers contracts to identify financial risks and ensure appropriate accounting treatment.
- Facilitate the development of KPIs management reports and partner with the R&D team to utilize the various systems to provide real time dashboards and visibility.
- Work closely with FP&A to investigate and document fluctuations in budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Participate in the annual budgeting and rolling forecast processes
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal reporting requirements, including sales tax.
- Manage multiple annual external audit processes and provide accounting policy memos where required
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining all internal financial accounting, controls and policies worldwide.
- Play a key role in the implementation of a new ERP system and subscription management system.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Previous finance experience in international technology companies, especially SaaS and software companies that have experienced high growth
- Effective communication, people management, and finance/analytical skills
- A self starter ready with high personal integrity ready to wear multiple hats
- Expert experience with relevant tools (eg. accounting systems, Excel, BI tools)
- CPA with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience - mix of public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and startup experience.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA) with a 4% employer contribution match
- 30 days vacation in addition to Public Holidays