Financial Administrative Clerk
World Central Kitchen
Washington , DC 20009
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
World Central Kitchen is looking to fill a Financial Administrative Clerk position at our headquarters in Washington DC. We are looking for an individual that possesses a high level of reliability, organization skills, confidentiality and a good understanding of bookkeeping procedures. As a valuable Financial Administrative Clerk , you will perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties that are necessary to run the Finance/HR team and the organization efficiently. You will need to have great data entry skills and thoroughness. You will need to have a head for figures and double check your work at all times.You will become an important part of our organization and assist to meet its weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing team!
Accounting/HR Manager and AP specialist
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions which includes but are not limited to entering payments, recording, balancing and securely filing financial transactions.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mails and faxes, including bank runs and administration of lockbox
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and own re-ordering processes.
- Ensure a clean and tidy office environment
- Maintain databases and filing systems, whether electronic or paper
- Responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services and to ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as needed to other members of the Finance/HR team and other staff members, including to those not based in the headquarter.
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondences as needed
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Assist in month-end period closing and with other projects and duties as needed.
- A sincere commitment to World Central Kitchens mission and program
- 2+ years associates degree preferably in accounting or related field (required) with at least 2+ years relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- An understanding of general accounting principles, bookkeeping functions and procedures
- Ability to interact with employees and other guests in a professional manner
- Adaptable and to be able to shift priorities and focus as departmental and/or organization demands change
- Must have strong work ethic
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Equally comfortable and enjoy working with people as well as numbers
- Must be able to follow standard filing and accounting procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Non Profit Accounting experience preferred but not required
- Experience with QuickBooks (highly preferred) or other accounting software
World Central Kitchen offers competitive compensation and benefits including fully paid medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents. 403B with employers matching up to 4%. Group life and disability insurance that is 100% employer sponsored. 2 weeks vacation leave on first year of employment and up to 8 days of paid sick leave.
* World Central Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of all color and/or those with disabilities, diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and/or identities are encouraged to apply.
Health, Dental, Life Insurance- 100% employer sponsored
2 weeks vacation Time in the first year
Sick days according to accrual rates
403b Plan matched by Employer
Modern and progressive work environment