Finance Operations Senior Associate
New York , NY 10010
NationSwell is on a mission to connect Americas leading problem solvers and to accelerate the solutions that will move our country forward. Weve built an ecosystem of platforms that advances our mission by convening leaders around solutions, by connecting people to spark collaboration, and by creating content that inspires audiences. Our ecosystem includes:
- NationSwell Council: A membership community that connects influential, service-minded leaders who are working on solutions to national challenges.
- NationSwell Studio: A campaign studio that partners with organizations to put solutions in front of the audiences who need to see them.
- NationSwell Publishing: An independent content platform that tells unexpected stories about the innovators working to move our country forward.
NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, FINANCE OPERATIONS
NationSwell is looking for a Finance Operations Senior Associate who will both support and (in certain instances) lead financial management, reporting and metrics company-wide. This role is for someone excited to apply his or her hard-earned financial analysis, analytical and strategy skills at a growing mission-driven organization. The Finance Operations Senior Associate will help develop and standardize NationSwells financial processes at both a business and platform unit level for budgets, forecasts, key metrics, and ad-hoc financial reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Reporting + Analytics
- Strong facility for financial reporting and analysis, at both the business and platform unit levels
- Comfort in maneuvering through financial statements to monitor the companys financial standing
- Support long-range planning and quarterly financial forecasting through financial modeling
- Perform team, revenue, and profitability level forecasting reports
- Monitor and analyze industry trends
- Support onboarding and implementation of new financial tools and systems
- Budgets + Systems Management
- Support long-range planning and annual budget creation
- Monitor and manage budgets and expenses throughout the year
- Innovate and build out the framework and approaches for financial management + sophistication
- Oversee internal expense + financial reporting systems
- Consult and coordinate with outside advisors and accounting/tax support
- Partner Liaison
- Act as a liaison between NationSwells Accounts team and partners for collections, invoicing, and billing items
- Develop and routinely generate partner profitability reporting metrics
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance or related field
- Have 2-4 years equivalent financial reporting experience
- Tout advanced computer skills (MS Office - particularly Excel); huge plus if you are comfortable in complex data sets and versed in financial modeling
- Are eager to be the financial backbone of a growing entrepreneurial organization
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Are able to think analytically and problem-solve
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and work independently on assigned tasks
- Confidently handle sensitive and confidential information
- Are excited to work in a mission driven space
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, or similar a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter that detailing what attracted you to this role, how you can contribute to NationSwell, and why you are excited to work in the field of social impact!
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.