Denver , CO 80211
Vorto is on a mission to increase sustainability and create more jobs by making supply chains more efficient across the entire value chain. Through powerful AI technology, Vorto's autonomous supply chain platform seeks to reduce carbon emissions caused by supply chain transportation, improve the lives of approximately 3.5 million truck drivers and create more jobs across all players in B2B transactions. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment that is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the organization's success. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that simplifies complex business problems to a degree where adoption is effortless. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We are backed by Golden Gate Capital, A Tier 1 private equity firm based in San Francisco, CA. Golden Gate has a diverse portfolio of companies with over $19 billion in committed capital.
This is written as more of a guideline on what it means to be a finance leader in an organization. As finance leaders, we’re responsible for the commercial success of the business – that starts with Managers up through Chief Financial Officer. We generally have the authority, we have the skillsets, the view of the entire organization, and the ability to be the “lubricant” across the organization to get things accomplished.
- This Is Your Business – Think about Vorto as your business.
- What is keeping you up? What do you need to fix? What do we need to get ahead of? Let that serve as your to-do list.
- What about the P&L?
- What will grow top line revenue?
- What new initiatives can we launch?
- Why are the costs as high as they are? What can we cut?
- No Mountain Is Too High and No Valley Too Low – Whatever needs to be fixed, you’re now the fixer. Like I said, this is your company.
- Fix The Issues Before They Arise –
- This is your business. What do you need to get ahead of and fix before it is too late? Best do it before, rather than after.
- In addition, Our CEO once told me that he felt Slack was one of the best tools that you could have in a startup. It was akin to having the best pilots be able to make adjustments for every fighter pilot, because the best pilot is able to observe everything live. Add yourself to support groups, understand the struggles and go fix the root cause.
- A Higher Calling – You are the right hand of many on the Leadership Team. There will always be special initiatives that you will be called upon to execute in addition to all your normal duties.
- You Get a Business Partner, You Get A Business Partner! – You are the business partner for every department. You are there to help make them successful. As I mentioned above, we’re uniquely suited to be operations’ business partner because of our skillsets, understanding of the organization, and ability to get things accomplished.
- Notice I said partner, and not dictator. In order to accomplish this, you’ll need to develop and maintain a strong relationship with team members across all areas of the organization.
- A Paragon of the Culture – As a leader, you have to set an example for others - how you treat others, how you perform your work will set the tone for others, etc. If you’re unresponsive, others will take away that it’s fine to be unresponsive.
- Complete Understanding of The Business - Do you understand the business? Functions? Names? Or are you just being back-office support? Without a full understand of the business, how do you make decisions or help people make decisions?
- Understand That Very Few People Will Care About The Business More Than You – If not you, then who? What are you waiting for?
- P&L + Financing + Liquidity – Don’t forget about us
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), MBA, CPA, CF (preferred but not required)
- 3-5+ years related experience and/or training
- Standout colleague – this is a highly collaborative and encouraging team environment
- Outstanding analytical skills – standard methodologies are second nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Ability to prioritize – we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
At Vorto we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks, including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flex and Health Savings Plans
- Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid parking or RTD pass
- Voluntary income protection benefits including Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Protection Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free or discounted legal program
- Product & Services Discount Program
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- We supply the industry's best hardware and productivity software
Vorto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer:This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.