Finance Manager II- Cardiology
Houston, Texas 77250
This position is responsible for the financial management and support to the administrator for all aspects of the two large PO departments and their satellite locations. This position greatly impacts the management, planning, development, budget, and other activities of two academic departments that have clinical, research, and education missions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIT
1.Develops and manages PO budgets comprising of over 110+ cost centers.
2.Prepares proformas for faculty and monitors productivity of faculty.
3.Prepares ROIs as needed.
4.Develops and reviews compensation and bonus models for faculty physicians.
5.Prepares monthly faculty productivity report cards for 70+ providers.
6.Prepares monthly financial reports for both departments and all 6 locations.
7.Develops annual goals and objectives for the financial performance.
8.Cost allocations of 200+ employees with multiple missions/cost centers.
9.Assists the faculty in achieving goals by providing timely feedback.
10. Conducts analysis of areas of revenue enhancement and cost-reduction opportunities.
11. Analyzes variances of budgeted and actual revenues and expenses.
12. Works with Rev Cycle Mgr to prepare and present monthly Revenue Cycle Analysis.
13. Interfaces with Chair, Division Heads, Faculty, Administrator, Managers and staff.
14. Supervises 2 financial staff assigned to assist with these duties.
15. Controls expenses with cash projections and financial planning.
16. Assists with daily approvals of MARS requisitions for both departments.
17. Works with RI to oversee and/or coordinate physician T&E allocations & productivity.
18. Oversees foundation account activity to ensure spending plans are followed, transfers occur as planned and spending is compliant.
19. Works with foundation staff to provide accurate information for donor reports.
20. Responsible for handling insurance, risk management, and legal issues.
21. Assists the Administrator with other high-level projects.
22. Attends meetings in the Department Administrators absence and provides information on behalf of the department.
23. Other projects as assigned by the administrator and/or faculty.
Bachelors degree in finance or accounting required. Masters degree in finance, or accounting preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a healthcare capacity required. Strong financial reporting experience required. Supervisory experience required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Extremely well-organized and detail oriented.
Excellent interpersonal skills required to deal with diverse physicians and/or other staff
Able to see a computer monitor for prolonged hours and be able to type rapidly on a standard keyboard.
Environment is both a clinical practice and an office setting. Sometimes works until all patients have been seen, or has delegated oversight for this to occur.
Relocation Assistance Available
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1.Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
2.5 years of experience in healthcare finance.
3.Cardiology experience is a huge plus.
6.Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
7.Complete Current Address