San Carlos , CA 94070
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are seeking an experienced and driven financial leader with strong business acumen who thinks strategically and works tactically. The successful candidate will be able to excel in the coordination of the Company's financial planning, and budget and in ensuring that Company's accounting procedures, transactions and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The candidate should have a strong track record of results in implementing systems policies and processes that enable the Companys growth with strong business controls. The successful candidate most possess strong leadership skills and aspire to grow into a management position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee general and cost accounting operations. Ensure that the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, including review of monthly journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations.
- Supervise billing/invoicing operations, banking operations, and payroll.
- Play a lead role with Operations to manage and optimize inventory and other supply chain activities.
- Lead audit, tax reporting and insurance activities.
- Stay up to date with changes in accounting compliance and technical requirements that affect the organization and implement them accordingly.
- Lead Financial Planning & Analysis activities including: 5-year strategic financial planning, annual budget setting, actual versus budget analysis and reporting, forecasts and outlook, scenario planning, and financial reporting for our Board of Directors.
- Support any financial modeling exercises including ad hoc analysis and reporting, analysis of revenue, gross margins, inventory, and cash forecasting. Rebuild and maintain existing financial forecasting model and integrate with NetSuite.
- Provide business support for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Support the Vice President, Finance/CFO in financing and Board related activities.
Policies, Systems and Processes:
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain internal controls for key processes.
- Manage financial information systems design, implementation, enhancement, monitoring and controls.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Develop and implement accounting processes and related infrastructure to scale with business growth.
- Drive NetSuite improvements and utilization across the organization.
- Develop KPI and financial performance dashboard, working with Accountant to maintain.
- 10+ years of financial leadership experience. Biotechnology-type industry experience is strongly preferred. Cost Accounting experience is a plus.
- Alumni of one of the top 10 audit firms.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management, and other functions within the organization.
- Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking.
- Fluency in NetSuite, Excel, and other tools.
- Ability to use critical thinking and strong business acumen to make sound business decisions.
- Proven experience on building teams and working in a collaborative manner.
- Be highly committed, operate well under pressure and deliver results in a fast-paced, technically challenging environment.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US. We do not budget for any immigration sponsorship at this time.
- BA, BS, or MS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience.
- CPA active license is a plus.
- MBA degree is a plus.
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Onsite lunch five days a week
- Happy hour(s)
- Warm, diverse and collaborative culture
- Open floor plan and open door policy