Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Finance And Business Systems Analyst
Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
Waltham , MA 02451
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC) is a quasi-government economic development agency that is dedicated to supporting life sciences innovation, education, research and development, and commercialization in Massachusetts. The MLSC is charged with implementing a $1.6-billion, state funded investment initiative: creating jobs and supporting advances that improve health and well-being. This mission influences how we approach what we do here and what we believe is important.
The team is in the process of improving the companys systems infrastructure and moving towards a paperless environment. This position will be responsible for managing multiple stake holders, priorities, and deadlines; has experience working with ERP system such as Oracle NetSuite or Acumatica NonProfit+; CRM database; Grant/Contract Management System; General Ledger Financial systems. This position will be responsible for the implementation of new systems, on-going maintenance and training of current systems to ensure continued usage and efficiency.
The Business Systems Analyst plans and directs analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. They also develop, write, and edit systems-related technical and business documentation. The Business Systems Analyst will command meetings and coordinate peers to accomplish projects and resolve problems. He/she must be a self-starter and self-sufficient requiring minimal supervision of day to day issue tracking & resolution. The ideal Business Systems Analyst will possess a unique blend of technical, business, and people skills. He/she provides business systems analysis and support for a multitude of applications used by MLSC. He/she plays a key role as a subject matter expert and technical consultant throughout the lifecycle of the applications. The Analyst is heavily involved in planning, implementation, production support and maintenance as well as providing relevant training to the users.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the maintenance and general software configuration of current MLSC systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, Smart Simple, Adaptive Insights) for the users of the systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills mentoring non-technical team members and leading meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and within cross functional teams.
- Document and design current and future IT enabled solutions and drive all relevant business analysis to ensure the most effective recommendations are made for successful solution and project plan completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills to frequently interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret technical documentation to meet business needs. Correctly identifies system / functional interdependencies;
- Ability to self-manage projects within tight timeframes and dynamic priorities.
- Accurately translating business requirements into system functionality requirements. High aptitude for interpreting technical documentation as well as authoring or updating documents as needed.
- Ability to become a process and subject matter expert, presenting ideas in a focused and concise manner.
- Ability to create compelling business justification for recommended direction and design.In addition, responsible for documenting system issue logs, resolving system problems, developing financial reports, ensuring integrity of the data.
- Responsible for project management of a new ERP systems implementation.
- Work with Finance team to improve on financial reporting capabilities, including metric tracking and reporting, building reporting models that is easy to use and analyze.
- Consistently train non-technical users and be a champion of continuous process improvement.
- Understanding of internal control procedures as well as segregation of duties.
- Extensive experience interpreting user needs and writing functional specifications for new systems, systems changes and / or system enhancements.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Experience with ERP including General Ledger implementation required.
- Experience with government, higher education or nonprofit industry, in particular regarding grant award management lifecycle.
- Appropriate understanding of computer architecture.
- Experience and knowledge of Adaptive Insights required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Smart Simple (GMS 360) preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to accuracy.
- Database experience.
- Highly analytical with strong report and model building skills.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint capabilities.