Finance & Accounting Manager (Beauty Brand Cpg)
New York , NY 10016
Posted 3 months ago
Commodity, Inc. is a lifestyle brand that collaborates with some of the world's most accomplished artisans in each of our categories to deliver creative, unisex, cruelty-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free offerings. Our catalog currently spans fine fragrance, body, home, and hotel. We have two new categories in development. Commodity is sold through prestige retailers (Sephora / SpaceNK) in 10 countries across 550+ doors and growing. Our direct to consumer channels across 30 countries are through Commodity.co.uk, as well as via social commerce through @commodity on Instagram. Learn more about Commodity, Inc. at commodity.co.uk and #StyleYourCommodity on Instagram @commodity / customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org Commodity, Inc. / Commodity Europe, Ltd.
For the next phase of our growth and category expansion, we are seeking a NYC (midtown Manhattan) based Finance & Accounting Manager with beauty brand experience to join our team. Candidates with current or recent "indie" or "niche" brand experience will be favored.
The ideal candidate is a proactive perfectionist in finance and accounting with an eye for detail in the follow through of analysis of business metrics, financial data entry, bookkeeping, AR / AP, forecasting, cogs reconciliation from global suppliers, and purchase order reconciling from global retailers. You "know" the cpg industry (beauty, fashion or food) and have a true passion for detail and planning. You are a self-starter and have experience partnering with marketing, production, operations, retailers, and direct ecommerce to build and maintain current reporting systems on all of the companys business units.
This position is unique opportunity to have a contributing role in multiple functions of a fast growth brand.
- Drive Commodity's accounting function across Commodity, Inc. (NYC based parent) and Commodity Europe, Ltd (London based sub).
- Prepare and review monthly accounting entries
- Prepare reconciliations
- Create presentations for product category / distribution channel performance analysis
- Drive process improvements and contribute to existing projects
- Financial analysis and reporting (inventory management, cogs preparation and reconciliation, cashflow, all key metrics)
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders, etc.
- Prepare accurate daily (as needed) or weekly business metrics and management dashboards for team to assess
- Current experience in the same role for a NYC based beauty brand or food / beverage brand
- Fundamental accounting backgound
- Attention to detail and love for data - you can crunch numbers with the best of them
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Strong working knowledge of both Excel and Google Spreadsheets - you cannot wait to build the best models and forecasts for our growth as well as document our history.
- Experience as a financial / business analyst - you see problems before others and know how and when to alert the team
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer savvy with ability to learn vendor portals (retail, distribution centers) - you find excitement in teaching us how to implement and use the latest systems to improve the business
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities - only the paranoid survive and nothing is out of place for you
- Excellent forward thinking insight, communication, presentation skills (oral, data, written) - you answer our questions before we ask them
- Interpersonal skills thrive under pressure - Challenges and deadlines excite you. You thrive in an always changing environment and love working with like minded team members.
- Be part of a great team building one of the beauty / lifestyle sector's most sought after brands
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience level
- Performance-based bonus plan
- Healthcare Plan
- Office from one of the most entrepreneurial environments in NYC