Field Technician - Yuba City, CA
Yuba City , CA 95991
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modelling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
One of our partners produced this short videohttps://youtu.be/Yn5NrjwWOhY which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
Who you are
Field Technicians will be Semios hands in the field. You are responsible for installing, monitoring, and maintaining innovative wireless networks in tree nut and citrus orchards. Currently most sites are in Williams and Arbuckle area
The ideal candidate will have a passion for agriculture, technology, and be comfortable with long hours outdoors in any environmental condition. You are a self motivated individual who is willing to work relatively independently while completing tasks, a good communicator and a great team player. We also need someone who is comfortable prioritizing their workload to be efficient and productive.
What you will do
- Install network equipment including Semios dispensers, insect camera traps, weather stations, network gateways, leaf wetness sensors and soil moisture monitoring sensors
- Troubleshoot and maintain sensors and equipment using our Service and Installation app.
- Operate company vehicles and ATVs
- Haul necessary equipment to work sites with a trailer
- Keep track of device and supply inventory
What you bring to the team
- Familiarity with commercial tree nut or citrus operations or some background in agriculture desired
- Good verbal and communication skills to understand instructions and speak with management and internal teams
- Good physical health and the ability to work outdoors in all conditions
- A valid drivers license and no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- Experience working with your hands
- A flexible schedule
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
Nice to have
- Mechanical experience
- Supervisory experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Familiarity or interest in working with technology
Why this is the opportunity for you
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Health benefits available after probationary period
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave