Field Technician II- Richland, WA
Richland , WA 99352
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact. We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
Were looking for a motivated Field Technician II to assist in the installation and maintenance of our more technically complex sensor offerings as well as help monitor installations for quality and assist in the training and the mentoring of other employees.
What you will do:
- Install network equipment including but not limited to; insect camera traps, weather stations, network gateways, leaf wetness sensors, soil moisture monitoring sensors and pressure transducers.
- Assist the Field Engineering team in transitioning new sensors from R&D status to our commercial offering
- Install and maintain devices and sensors recently designated as commercial and those with moderate to advanced technical complexity
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on networked sensors.
- Assist with quality assurance audit reporting.
- Conduct training sessions for individual and small groups and mentor new employees.
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 2+ years of experience as a Semios Field Technician or in another closely related Field Technician position
- Familiarity with commercial tree nut, grape or citrus operations and/or some other background in agriculture
- Experience with electronics and/or sensors beyond current Semios technology
- Good verbal and communication skills to effectively interact with management and internal teams
- Experience training other technicians including demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts
- Good physical health and the ability to work outdoors in all conditions
- A valid drivers license and no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- Experience working with your hands
- A flexible schedule
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
Nice to have:
- College degree or other relevant experience
- Supervisory experience
- Proficiency in G Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Slide), a familiarity with Slack, and a love for learning new systems
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Grow with a company that is expanding rapidly
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and sick leave, plus health and dental benefits available after probationary period