Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Field Service Technician | Union City, California
Candidates With A Future
Union City , CA 94587
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position supports the aftermarket services group by providing on-site service to customers through hands-on technical assistance, telephone support, factory training support and liaison from customer to the factory, specifically responsible for servicing energy storage inverters and SCRs California and Pacific Northwest area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Analyze and service high power units in the field
Onsite Commissioning of new, refurbished and repaired power supplies and support integration with customer controls
Works independently under the guidance of product engineering and/or technical support
Provide recommendations regarding which products or services best fit the customers' needs
Identify areas for product improvement
Provide training on product maintenance
Perform a variety of tasks with a certain degree of creativity and latitude
Preform minor engineering changes
When Field Service Technicians do not have field assignments, they will assigned to technical phone support and required reporting and documentation.
2. Oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
4. Technical expertise
5. Customer/Client Focus.
6. Organizational Skills.
Required Education and Experience:
1. 2-year Electrical/Electronic technical degree or the equivalent. A licensed electrician is desired but not required.
2. 3-5 years of experience in the power electronic conversion field or in related area.
3. Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures required to service power conversion equipment
4. Basic knowledge of control circuits associated with the product line within a particular field needed
5. Must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
6. Must have a good working knowledge of single and 3-phase power systems and a good working knowledge power conversion topology
7. Board level electronic component understanding helpful
8. Experience required in the use of basic mechanical hand tools and electrical test equipment used for maintenance and measurement of line frequency power circuits (i.e. DVM, current measurement of AC and DC circuits, oscilloscope, power, and energy measurement equipment) is required
9. Experience with medium voltage powers system is helpful
10. The ability to perform most functions without aid is necessary
11. Knowledge of 3 phase battery and/or PV inverters.
12. Knowledge of high powered SCRs and/or metal finishing process would be beneficial but not necessary.
1. Valid drivers license
2. Ability to pass required US Government background screenings