Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A global Industrial machinery company has an immediate need for a Field Service Laser Technician. This individual will be based out of the Birmingham, AL area, although this position requires heavy travel throughout the region, and the ability to travel throughout North America when necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service skills, very good communication skills and the mechanical & electrical knowledge necessary to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on industrial Laser machines for our customers. These services are provided on-site at our customers facilities and sometime via telephone if situation permits.
Benefits of the Field Service Tech / Laser Repair Tech position:
- Competitive starting salary with overtime.
- Paid travel time
- Full benefit package that includes health insurance, paid-holidays, 401k & paid time-off.
- All required tools and measuring devices provided for.
- Laptop provided along with a company credit card for travel.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Tech / Laser Repair Tech position:
- The Field Service Tech will be responsible for the completion of repairs and maintenance for all customers Laser Machines.
- Performing all PM maintenance.
- Responsible for diagnosing, performing repairs and maintenance on a wide range of Laser equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving.
Qualifications for the Field Service Tech / Laser Repair Tech position:
- Associates in automotive or electrical technology preferred. Previous military or trade school graduation a plus.
- 1-2 years experience as a maintenance tech, repair tech, mechanic or similar is required.
- Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams preferred.
- CNC machine programming experience a huge plus.
- Must have previous experience using electrical measurement devices and inspection techniques. (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
- Proven ability to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to operate computer/laptop using windows operating systems.
- Must be available for M-F travel.