Field Service Representative
Suez In North America
Richmond , US-VA 23229
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About SUEZ in North America
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
It is the responsibility of the Field Service Engineer to provide customers and owners of SUEZ equipment technical assistance and instruction in the installation, maintenance, operation and warranty of our products and processes.
- Safely and successfully commission custom projects and extended scope projects from construction to commissioning, including ABW, Clarifiers, Climber Screeners and RO/ED technologies, primarily in North America.
- Verify installation is as per SUEZs drawings. Consult with customer on questions concerning equipment erection requirements and protocol. Inspect complete installations.
- Setup PLC equipment. Establish communication with the PLC. Troubleshoot PLC logic. Work with the customer to complete electrical (I/O) checks.
- Commission equipment: this includes valves, air compressors, ejectors, process pumps, blowers, and instrumentation.
- Assist client with installing membranes and/or filter media.
- Complete detailed controls testing to ensure the system is functioning as per design.
- Assist client in sanitizing and/or process start up.
- Assist client with initial operation of the plant.
- Train client operators on plant operation. Transfer ownership of system to the client.
- Meet with the client and SUEZ to communicate schedule and address issues as necessary.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and log sheets to document and monitor equipment operation.
- Develop and execute Commissioning Schedules and Performance Plans.
- Develop and execute classroom and hands-on training regarding
- operation and maintenance of process equipment.
- Travel extensively (~280 days/year) throughout North America, and to other places in the world.
- Instruct customers in the use of operations and maintenance manuals for SUEZ equipment.
- Report problems and recommend improvements in design or process.
- Investigate and correct malfunctions repair and calibrate when necessary.
- Consult with customer in spare parts requirements and assist in procurement.
- Serve as liaison between customers and SUEZ office.
- Document all activities for use by marketing, engineering, and procurement staff.
- Must be organized, have good mechanical aptitude, electrical knowledge helpful, problem solver and self directed.
- Willing and able to travel in North American and abroad.
- Valid drivers license and the ability to rent a car required.
- Valid US Passport
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or minimum 5 years experience with SUEZ Waters water treatment equipment including UF/MBR and RO/ED products in drinking water, wastewater and industrial treatment plants.
- Working experience with PLC control systems, PLC programming and troubleshooting.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.