Field Service Mechanic & Mechanic Assistant
Intercontinental Engineering-Manufacturing Corporation
Harvey , LA 70058
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
INTERCON is a company specializing in the design and manufacture of heavy machinery for commercial marine, heavy industry, and defense markets. Since 1958, INTERCON has served hundreds of customers across three market segments with product sales, design engineering, prototype development and subcontract manufacturing services. INTERCON's corporate offices and production facilities are located on 65 acres in suburban Kansas City, Missouri.
Intercons mechanics are based out of our Harvey, LA office and are responsible for performing maintenance, diagnostics, disassembly, inspection, rebuild, and reassembly of all Intercon OEM equipment (i.e. mooring winches, anchor windlasses, towing winches, Articulated Tug Barge Coupler Systems, etc.). This activity typically takes place onboard vessels in shipyard, but may also occur in our shop facility or third party shops.
- Perform preventative maintenance, break fix, and commissioning on various mechanical equipment on an as needed basis.
- Prepare service reports and travel expenses in a timely manner and with expected Intercon quality.
- Work with the office manager in regards to issues with spare parts, materials and tools, will also work with purchasing department to maintain the inventory of spares.
- Train junior mechanics on various equipment and systems.
- Participate in customer contact involving part orders, troubleshooting, and follow-ups.
- Maintain and update a status list of ongoing equipment repairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A two-year Associates or Technical Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful experience as a Mechanic is preferred.
- Ability to read/understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
- Ability to read/understand mechanical/electrical drawings.
- Prefer a individual who has the ability to use digital multi-meter to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Possess a valid State Drivers License, and a good driving record.
- Possess a valid Transportation Workers Identification Credential (T.W.I.C.) and Passport or the ability to gain one immediately.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, employees, teams, customers at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner.
- Assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties under pressure and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Have a record of positive work performance and safety record.
- Proven working knowledge of marine maintenance and repair, shipyard, and barge degassing facilities is preferred.
- Ability to ride on ocean-going and inland water vessels, as well as, walk and access vessels and barges, as needed, is required.
- Ability to be on an on-call rotation to include nights / weekends and work extended hours.
- Job is classified as heavy work; requires inside and outside work under various normal and adverse weather conditions, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling frequently over 50 pounds; walking, climbing reaching over shoulder, hand/eye coordination, twisting, working around unprotected heights, working around moving machinery, repetitive actions with both hands and feet.
Due to ITAR regulations on military contracting activity all candidates must be U.S. citizens.
Schedule Full time, 40hrs/week, Travel estimated at around 60%, will be allowed to travel more if desired.
Compensation - $18 - $25 / Hour (Time-and-a-half for overtime over 40 hours of work)
Primary Location - US-LA-Harvey
Competitive base pay, time-and-a-half overtime, health plan, 401K matching program, company paid travel.