Field Service Engineer / Technician / Specialist
Air Products And Chemicals
Birmingham , AL 35202
Posted 2 months ago
Job Description: and Qualifications
Field Service Engineer/Technician/Specialist
- Rotating Machinery Aftermarket
Dispatch from "your home" to customer locations in an assigned region of the USA and some short-term international assignments.
Rotoflow, An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM - providing a wide-range of NEW equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We are seeking motivated and self-reliant employees to provide machinery repair, installation, commissioning, and startup support at customer field sites and at regional field service centers throughout the United States.
"We will ask you to assume these responsibilities"
- Assembly, problem identification and solving, fitting, adjustment, testing, reconditioning and repair of parts and components for precision turbomachinery and related auxiliary systems,
- Close tolerance machine assembly,
- Use of precision measuring tools and equipment,
- Part inspection with coordinate measuring machine operations,
- Travel to customer sites to perform installation, field repair, commissioning, startup, and troubleshooting of machinery systems, both domestically and internationally 60-80% per year,
- Uphold Air Products safety values and ensuring that all support activity is performed in accordance with Air Products standards and practices.
- Do you have a Technical/mechanical trade or associates degree, training, or the equivalent 10+ years' experience in similar field service or plant maintenance role, with an emphasis on compressors, turbines, and pumps of all types?
- And, a strong desire and aptitude to learn and seek new challenges and responsibilities,
- Application of shop mathematics and computer/PC knowledge is a necessary skill,
- We need your expertise to include a machining background within lathe, milling, and grinding operations,
- Low speed balancing of components and assemblies,
- Knowledge of inspection using/programming coordinate measuring machines,
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) of precision machined parts,
- Ability to lead contractors to disassemble, diagnose and repair complex machinery systems,
- Ability to read and understand machinery P&ID's, commission, start up, and identifying and tackling machinery systems,
- Experience with instrumentation and PLC and with magnetic bearing systems are a strong plus,
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and give,
- Must have good interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, creativity, problem solving, and ability to work as part of a team,
- Shop work to be performed at regional repair facilities, with 60-80% travel to domestic and international locations as needed,
- Some flexibility in location based on business need.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.