Field Sales Representative-Accounting (South)
Richmond , VA 23173
Posted 2 weeks ago
UWorld is the worldwide leader in online practice question banks. Since 2003, millions of students have used UWorld's products to prepare for their high-stakes exams. At UWorld, we have a relentless focus on quality and we are rapidly expanding and innovating. We know that students facing difficult, high-stakes exams need great practice resources, so they can perform their best. Our experts are passionate about creating practice questions that match the style and difficulty level seen on the actual exams.
Our innovative team is rapidly expanding. UWorld is currently searching for a talented and competitive Accounting Field Sales Representative who will be responsible for growing new business opportunities in the UWorld/Roger CPA division. The primary role of the Business Development Representative (BDR) at UWorld / Roger CPA is to drive B2C revenue within their territory through sales and marketing events conducted on campus at universities and colleges. The BDR may also participate and conduct events at various accounting firms and corporations in the assigned territory. Overnight travel will be required in various scenarios.
This is a remote position; however, the Business Development Representative must reside in either the North Carolina or Virginia metro markets. Territory includes Colleges and Universities within North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, and DC.
JOB DUTIES: (Including but not limited to)
- Schedule, organize, and deliver dynamic CPA Exam focused sales and marketing presentations at college campuses within an assigned territory
- Identify, qualify, and prospect new customer base to grow revenue in assigned territory B2C
- Collaborate with inside sales teams to influence and support the B2B teams pipelines
- Responsible for meeting event metrics set forth by management
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail managing all respective sales activities (notes, follow-ups, emails, call logs)
- Conduct live online webinar presentations to supplement in person sales and marketing efforts
- Represent the company and uphold the brand to the highest standards in all client facing scenarios
- Attend and participate in university and college career fairs, as well as industry training events and conferences
- Support and maintain existing customer base while continuing to expand market presence and build new business
- Build relationships and interact with key industry decision makers at universities and colleges
- Develop and execute individualized marketing strategies within each campus in designated territory
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Experience Required:2 years sales experience with a proven track record of success and execution with high standards of professionalism
- Ability to give high energy sales presentations in front of live audiences
- Evidence of influencing customers and gaining customer traction
- Up to 75% travel required
- Extensive knowledge of Educational Technology
- Superior strategy development skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated, high level of initiative, with the ability to work in an unstructured environment (strong operational mindset, decisive, with a "get it done" and deliver results mentality)
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work with and influence others without formal authority
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Ability to travel overnight within an interstate territory though air travel and occasionally long periods in a vehicle
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas off.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
- (Benefits listed are for full time employees)
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.