Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Lowell , MA 01850
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
TheField Engineer worksto construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total operating profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship. This position is responsible for assisting the project engineer with shop drawings, submittals, scheduling of subcontractors and materials, meetings, as-built drawings, job cost, procurement and field operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with safety procedures/policies and addresses and/or elevates non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Participates in the daily Task Safety Awareness and weekly Safety Meetings.
- Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Properly tracks quantities on a daily basis and reconciles them each month for payment purposes.
- Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Documents all Time and Material operations on a capture sheet and reconciles with the client on a daily basis
- Takes two site walks a day to communicate with and learn from Foreman and Superintendents about current operations.
- Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team. Negotiates the best deal for cost, quality, and delivery using the company buyout procedure.
- Produces complete purchase orders after the conditions are approved by the Project Manager.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field
- Excellent Academic Credentials (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Ability and desire to learn and progress within your position
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS and Expedition software.
- Basic knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Must be open to travel or relocation