Field Application Scientist
Menlo Park , CA 94025
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize Clear Labs' commercial success. This role will specialize in the use of our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) portfolio in food safety, authenticity, and adjacent industrial applications. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the quality assurance diagnostics market. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
Clear Labs services the Food and Beverage manufacturing, Service Laboratory, and Government segments ushering in a new standard which safeguards the global food supply. The Field Application Scientist role works closely with the sales team to implement solutions for our customers within their respective setting.
- Execute technical product demonstrations/presentations to individual prospects and seminar audiences in support of pre-sales activity including workshops support for product area
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of NGS analysis to support customers in understanding how to maximize their use of our software applications
- Collaborate with field to develop and deploy world-class platforms, while providing front-line support to sales as the Field Application Scientist
- Provide and deliver product training to field as new features/functionality are available for designated product and domain specialty
- Provide and deliver onsite technical support to customers including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing automated liquid handling systems
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements and to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Coordinate with Marketing Communications organization to develop and participate in marketing campaign design and execution as needed
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- MS or PhD in a scientific discipline with 5 plus years in the Genetic Analysis or Molecular Biology fields within the applied markets
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
- Current or previous scientific expertise and experience with a customer focus and excellent communication skills
- Willingness for as much as 50% overnight travel, including travel on short notice
- Experience using automated liquid handling systems, Hamilton STAR experience is preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of NGS, PCR, and immunoassays including sample preparation requirements
- Full insurance coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision